Sony S639 and Mac - Questions
Aug 14, 2009 at 10:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

jferreir

Head-Fier
I've decided to purchase the Sony S639 and not wait for the impending update. That said, I want to first make sure that I won't encounter any significant issues with OS X.

I realize that OS X isn't officially supported, but I should be able to drag/drop, correct? Assuming this is the case, can I expect my music to be titled properly and in the correct order? I'm not sure how these id3 tags work.

Also, is there any way to (1) separate podcasts so that they're not mixed in with my music, and (2) import playlists from iTunes?

Thanks for the help.
regular_smile .gif

Oct 14, 2009 at 1:27 PM Post #2 of 7
I dunno if you've figured out already or not, but I hate that the s639 doesn't mount as a device in itunes on the mac. It mounts as a disk and i can drag and drop from itunes into finder, but it's really hard to find a track because you have to search by file name on the sony.

Also, it can't read certain versions of ID3. I had to convert some tags to ID3 v.1 for the sony to read. only a couple files out of thousands.

Oct 14, 2009 at 2:24 PM Post #3 of 7
I was able to connect my A818 to our mac mini and the transfers work perfectly. The A818 played the mp3 files perfectly.

Oct 14, 2009 at 6:59 PM Post #5 of 7
Music transfer is working good for me on 10.5.8 with A726
Have not figured out to do playlists though. And selectively taking music back off the sony is a bit of a pain. Once I figured out how to get most of my album art to transfer over with the files it helps when trying to remove music files. Also sorting by date in the sony music folder usually groups albums together, Assuming they were ripped at same time.

Oct 15, 2009 at 12:16 AM Post #7 of 7
Another odd thing, When I first copied music over to the sony the only files that had artwork were the ones I bought from Itunes. I downloaded a program called GimmeSomeTune that has got about 80% of my tracks showing artwork. Haven't had time to investigate the rest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back