Sony S639 - Advanced Mp3 Players - Is it EVER coming back in stock?!?!?!
Feb 19, 2009 at 5:37 PM Post #31 of 44
I just want to add that I also found AMP3 to be incompetent, if not outright dishonest. And they have yet to respond to even one of my dozen or so emails. It was a very frustrating experience, to say the least.

Frank

Feb 20, 2009 at 12:15 AM Post #32 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by walkingman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can you take a picture of the clear black w/ silver? My gf has a silver S639 and she is wondering how it looks with the black case (assuming we can find them here - it's like looking for the holy grail!).

It's been 1 1/2 months since we pre-ordered on Amazon UK and they haven't got them in yet...

There is a market here and if Sony does not want to fill it, somebody else should. I wish Vaja would do a case for the Sony. I had a couple of their cases (first was for my SE T610 - the iVolution case actually cost half the price of the phone, but it was worth it) and love the design.

Better late than never
biggrin.gif
unless you purchased it already.

Picture007-2.jpg

Picture005-8.jpg

Feb 20, 2009 at 4:00 PM Post #34 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by toughnut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Silicon case add nice effect to the silver color. Look like smoked grey. Nice ! Fit and finishing for the case look top notch too.

Yep the extra protection is great for working out. I use the s639 more than my clip for working out, just for the sensa me (extreme) and how Fast/easy it is to navigate. Great work out player!

Feb 20, 2009 at 4:11 PM Post #35 of 44
That is lovely. It is mid-February and Sony/Amazon still haven't got any official silicon case in stock. Sony is useless when it comes to making their accessories available...

Feb 20, 2009 at 9:24 PM Post #37 of 44
I'm using the black leather case from ebay. I can't fault it, it's awesome!

Feb 21, 2009 at 9:30 PM Post #38 of 44
Does anyone know if there are variations of any invisible shields for 639's? Most that I know, like Zagg, bestskinsever don't seem to offer it., unless it is DIY. I typically don't like to put cases on mine yet I still want to protect the screen and the plastic bezel...

Feb 22, 2009 at 4:09 PM Post #40 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fungi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The silicon case comes with a screen protector sheet IIRC?

Yes, it comes with a nice screen protector.

Feb 24, 2009 at 2:22 PM Post #41 of 44
Well my 829 had a serious fall out of my pocket (again) and landed on the corner and stopped working. Now in the market for a new sony s639. The new touchscreen looks cool but the price is way too high and i can't wait. 1 week so far w/o an mp3 player (in withdrawl!)

Black is my only color for electronics; but I can't wait for march to get a black s639, so going red.

Anyone got pics of the red s639 in a clear and/or black silicone case? I'm hoping it will look good in a black case which i'm leaning towards.

edit: spelling

Feb 25, 2009 at 12:26 AM Post #43 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by omph /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Black is my only color for electronics; but I can't wait for march to get a black s639, so going red.

Anyone got pics of the red s639 in a clear and/or black silicone case? I'm hoping it will look good in a black case which i'm leaning towards.

edit: spelling

How about a black leather case? I got one for the A818 and liked it enough to get one for the S639.

Feb 26, 2009 at 2:58 AM Post #44 of 44
Fungi: I'm not much of a black leather case guy.

I just fixed my 829 though so I might just hold off on the 639 and save money up so at the end of the year I might. I just opened the back cover up and it started working again... weird.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back