Sony S638 vs Iriver Clix 2 vs Samsung YP-P2
Feb 11, 2009 at 1:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

zulu1

New Head-Fier
Hello,

I am looking for a new DAP and because there are hundreds of them I sorted some out which look good or I heared good things about.

Sony S638
Iriver Clix 2
Samsung YP-P2

The Iriver and Samsung have touch screen and look very good (maybe you know other DAPs that look good)
I heard a lot good stuff about the sony.
My question is which one is better? Functionality and SQ?

Feb 11, 2009 at 5:13 PM Post #2 of 15
Actually, the Clix2 is not a touch screen, but it has a D-Click system. Meaning the whole front bezel is a pressable four direction d-pad.

I've owned the Clix2 and used the P2 extensively... IMO, i like the Clix2 more. It's smaller and the screen is nicer. Plus the sound from the Clix2 seemed more "true" and less processed than that of the P2.

Feb 11, 2009 at 7:00 PM Post #3 of 15
Different beasts really those three players. Your choice should be determined by what you intend to use the thing for. I would regard the Sony as a high quality DAP for purely music, whereas the P2 has a larger screen more suited to video as well. I've never seen the Clix with my own eyes.

One note of caution, the P2 is about to be replaced by the P3.

Feb 11, 2009 at 10:54 PM Post #5 of 15
Have never tried the Clix so I won't comment on it, but both the S638 and P2 are awesome, but as someone said the P2 is about to be replaced. I think the P2/3 is a better overall product and more well rounded with a whole lot of neat features, but the S638 is definitely better for music.

Feb 12, 2009 at 10:04 AM Post #6 of 15
actually I would like to use the player when doing workout or sports.
I don't seem to need to use video functions as i have a psp which I use if I want to watch on the go.
I chose these not only because I heard a lot about them but although for their design which I like but the sony isn't as nice looking as the others.
Sony looks a bit like a mobile phone, the clix 2 looks good.
I thought about a shuffle but they cost too much immo so it is better to pay a bit more and get something with more functions and quality...

Are there other DAPs you would recommend?

Feb 26, 2009 at 8:32 AM Post #9 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by fromthelane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Different beasts really those three players. Your choice should be determined by what you intend to use the thing for. I would regard the Sony as a high quality DAP for purely music, whereas the P2 has a larger screen more suited to video as well. I've never seen the Clix with my own eyes.

One note of caution, the P2 is about to be replaced by the P3.

But you know, Clix2 is a nice player in its age but i found it is about 1 -2 years behind. The 8GB storage are just too small.
p3 will be the way to go!

Feb 27, 2009 at 9:32 AM Post #10 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by dap_pad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Quite true, the P2 is more video oriented and the iRiver and Sony being music centered.

Each have their strong points and it really depends on what your needs are.

Do you think the P3 will do better on EQ?
I found the P3 released - Here

Apr 26, 2009 at 2:44 PM Post #15 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by flexium /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wait for the sony x1000....p3 is good but wifi and quality of sony should be taken into consideration

It'll probably be ~$100-$200 more expensive though, which is sort of absurd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back