SONY S,A vs. SONY X - digital amp
Oct 28, 2009 at 8:52 AM Post #31 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by ppau0822 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i think that policeman0077 meant that it will have the same digitial S master amp that the Z series has. it should sound just as good
biggrin.gif

yes i means that the chips inside maybe the same so the sound may like the X
darthsmile.gif

Nov 2, 2009 at 1:44 AM Post #32 of 40
Between the S, A and X series, which of the three is most neutral (flat)?

Nov 2, 2009 at 3:09 AM Post #33 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by JiPod /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Between the S, A and X series, which of the three is most neutral (flat)?

None, but I dont own the A-series. Sony want to sell their players, and the average consumer prefers a warm, inviting sound to the flat, neutral signature favoured by audiophiles. I'd suggest you look elsewhere.

Nov 2, 2009 at 5:13 AM Post #34 of 40
Hi,certainly a lot of Home HiFi audiophiles seem to like it a lot warmer than the Sony X.Valve amps,class A(which can sound warm)etc etc.X might be a tad on the warm side IMO.But maybe because if i remember correctly,a few other MP3 players(even phone set ups)i have listened to have been a lot more cool,digital or whatever.Not that i have listened to loads & loads thou.

Cheers BOB

Nov 2, 2009 at 7:44 AM Post #35 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by estreeter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
None, but I dont own the A-series. Sony want to sell their players, and the average consumer prefers a warm, inviting sound to the flat, neutral signature favoured by audiophiles. I'd suggest you look elsewhere.

Would appreciate if you could provide further feedback (I.e. make/model) per DAP(s) that are closest to flat, neutral.

Nov 18, 2009 at 11:06 PM Post #37 of 40
Which of the S/X players has the stronger power output? can they drive efficient full-size phones, like Grado or AT, really loud? I know it subjective to each so lets say to a less-than-comfortable level? I've currently a Zune HD and it gets loud with my Grado but not enough full-sounding as with my IEMs. Even with the KSC75 the result is borderline to my ears.

Nov 20, 2009 at 8:03 AM Post #38 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by policeman0077 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
is there any hardware differences between this two players?who has opened these palyers and saw the chips they use?upload the pics

I don't think it is a good idea. For we are not going to recycle the components.

Nov 20, 2009 at 9:21 AM Post #39 of 40
Disclaimer : I normally loathe the kind of fanboyism I am about to subject you to, but the question was asked - flame on. I have enough DAPs to separate a good digital amp from a great one.

I received my iBasso T3 this week, and I really enjoy what it has bought to my various sources thus far. I have two Walkmans, the Classic, two Samsungs and a Cowon DAP : only one holds its own without the added oomph of the iBasso, standing up to the little T3 for power and passion when I disentangle them. I think you all know which DAP that would be. Many will look at the price and say 'No way !', but you are getting the best amp in any DAP I have heard, pure and simple. I dont really care what the 'A' sounds like - thats what store auditions are for - but I continue to be blown away by the X. The downside is battery life and no support for FLAC - get beyond that, and the price, and you wont look back, IMO.

Nov 20, 2009 at 11:43 PM Post #40 of 40
Well i think you managed to clarify my pondering very nicely, I'm glad to hear that!
bigsmile_face.gif
Do yourheadphones also retain about the same level of musicality as with the T3 when driven straight out of the X? I mean particularly any "digital" harshness or shrilness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back