Sony remote EQ?
Dec 11, 2002 at 2:45 PM Post #2 of 6
well your question is a little vauge but here are my 3 answers.
1. If you are refering to where you can change the EQ settings you can use both the unit or the remote.
2. if you are refering to how the minidisc unit keeps its EQ settings it would have to be in the unit otherwise if you didnt have the remote plugged in when you turned the unit on , your EQ presets would not be loaded.
3.you may also be refering to a setting on Sony minidisc's called personal disc memory. this allows you to store playlists , EQ settings and volume positions of 20 minidisc's. I belive this works buy the actual unit reding and storing an identification peice of code from the mini disc (possibly serial number of the mini disc) and storing with it the EQ , volume ect.... settings. This would then be stored in the Minidisc units onboard memory/RAM and if the disc is re-inserted and the unit detects the serial number if you like of the mini disc it will then load your settings.

hope this helps....

Dec 11, 2002 at 2:46 PM Post #3 of 6
The EQ setting is in the unit. You can adjust the EQ direct on a recorder or the remote. A MD player has fewer bottoms, so it is mostly adjust on the remote.

Dec 11, 2002 at 6:54 PM Post #4 of 6
Sorry for being so vague. Basically, would it be possible for me to set my EQ settings with my remote(Sony e900), unplug the remote, and use my player bare?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back