Sony R10 - Ebay (SCAM!!)
Oct 18, 2007 at 8:30 PM Post #31 of 45
Audio-Fi, can we have a picture?
biggrin.gif

Oct 18, 2007 at 8:36 PM Post #32 of 45
Yeah, $899 is a steal of a price for a set of R10s. Let's see some pics...

That Ebay auction looks very risky. Unless the seller can provide some additional pictures of the actual cans and a serial number for verification, I'd steer clear from that auction.

Oct 18, 2007 at 8:43 PM Post #33 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Were they brand new? Or used?

I'm sorry, I meant $1,899.99 I don't know.... The only reason it's cheap because we were buying some things with it. As far as I remember we bought 10 MDR-7509HD, 15 MDR-7506, a digital amplifier, microphone, etc. To put it in perspective, the MDR-7509HD which retails for $249.99 and if bought it in bulk it will be $50 more or less. I could take a snapshot of it if I have some free time. As I type this I am working at the same time.

Oct 18, 2007 at 8:52 PM Post #35 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh, well that's a bummer. $1,899, while still an excellent price, is way out of my league. That's a shame, because I was getting excited.
frown.gif

Have you tried the link I gave you? Anyways the only way to enjoy that headphones, IMHO, is to play it in original CD and a high-end CD player going through a high-end amplifier. In that I mean that listening to a quality under Sony ES series is not worth it for this expensive headphones. Luckily for me I got every source I need to meet it's demands.

Oct 18, 2007 at 9:08 PM Post #37 of 45
Audio-fi: the R10s deserve better than a HR desktop amp and Sony CD player. what else are you using with them.

back on topic, still no response from the seller to basic questions - box included or not, serial number, owner history. a few people have actually bid on this thing (very low amount) but still . . .

this auction looks bad. until i hear from the seller with more information and additional pics, i am assuming this is a total scam. payment by wire transfer only. (what is that about?)

Oct 18, 2007 at 9:29 PM Post #38 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Audio-fi: the R10s deserve better than a HR desktop amp and Sony CD player. what else are you using with them.

back on topic, still no response from the seller to basic questions - box included or not, serial number, owner history. a few people have actually bid on this thing (very low amount) but still . . .

this auction looks bad. until i hear from the seller with more information and additional pics, i am assuming this is a total scam. payment by wire transfer only. (what is that about?)

I don't use the MDR-R10s with the HeadRoom. Currently the source is SCD-XA9000ES I just got. Then it goes through a Grace M901 headphone amplifier that we used to use in the studio via SPDIF. I didn't like the sound of the EARMAX Pro tube amplifier. That eBay seller is fake and no doubt about it. eBay is not responsible for payments outside PayPal so they can run with your money if they want.

Oct 18, 2007 at 10:10 PM Post #39 of 45
Well, I got an answer to my question reguarding the R-10.

Quote:

Originally Posted by seller
I did not list this item and I don't know how it got listed under my ID. Don't bid on it.

Oct 18, 2007 at 10:18 PM Post #40 of 45
Does that calling sony thing really work? I dont mind paying alot, I just want the phones, lol. If I were to call them, how would I go about doing it? I dont think you can just call them and purchase a product, can you?

Thanks

Oct 18, 2007 at 11:26 PM Post #42 of 45
Exactly... I offered to go to Cinci to check them out and pay for them... and this was his reply:

Reply from Seller of R10s:

Dear rca2147,

I did not list this item and I don't know how it got listed under my ID. Don't bid on it.

- slonkweed

Did this answer your question? If not, let the seller know.

Item and user details
Item Title: Sony MDR-R10 King Of Headphones
Item Number: 280164139988
Item URL: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=280164139988

"'Nuff said..."

Oct 19, 2007 at 3:20 AM Post #44 of 45
looks like word got out.

Quote:

Dear vcoheda,

- slonkweed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back