Sony Qualia EXQ1 earbuds
Mar 14, 2005 at 5:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

rkw

Headphoneus Supremus
What's the story on the Qualia earbuds? Nobody has reported purchasing one, and the handful of reports from people who have seen one have all been brief encounters at displays with unfamiliar electronics and recordings.

For that matter, how can they be purchased from the US? Apparently they were listed at AudioCubes temporarily last year, but were removed (perhaps AudioCubes couldn't obtain them?). Does the New York Qualia store have them? They have a relatively modest price ($200-$300), and it should be low risk to purchase them blind because they are so scarce that they should be easy to sell if they don't work out.

Mar 14, 2005 at 6:12 AM Post #2 of 6
I ordered them in January, and was told it'd take until April before they would be available. Actually, thanks for the reminder, I'm going to check in on status.

Personally, I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Best,

-Jason

Postscript: Yup. Now they're saying April, possibly May.

Mar 16, 2005 at 3:56 AM Post #5 of 6
There was some web page put up on the Qualia web site of Sony Japan regarding the earbuds being of limited availability due to demand; I recall finding the page but making only minimal effort to translate it.

Mar 16, 2005 at 8:09 AM Post #6 of 6
As on SONY web site in Japanese, SONY makes them by hand-tuning on each piece and that takes lots of time and that cause short supply. I see sometime those earphones on auction site in Japan but always ended with higher than regular price. One other way to get that earphone is just buy QUALIA 017 (portable MD player), included earphone is the same model, MDR-EXQ1.

jpmikey

Users who are viewing this thread

Back