Sony Qualia 010 on EIFL
May 16, 2004 at 2:40 AM Post #16 of 21
well I think it looks pretty ugly...so ugly it looks sexy, I wanna hump it

it looks like a grado on ecstasy...lol

I bet you the sound will make you $hit in your pants!

its about time something "new" looking is made in this industry, I mean 90% of the cans we all brag about is atleast 5-10 years old...well you know what i mean.

congrats on sony for the design, but im still not buying it until they improve their u.s. customer service

May 16, 2004 at 6:03 AM Post #17 of 21
Koji ships very quickly, and is quick to respond to email inquiries.

Be aware that the charge to your credit card or account will NOT be in US Dollars. It will be in Japanese Yen at whatever the exchange rate is when the charge is processed, and you will also probably get hit with a conversion fee by your credit card company.

So the price can vary by about a hundred dollars or two.

The concern I have is that you would have to know which size to get, as there are three sizes. I still have no idea why Sony would take such a huge leap backwards in not having a complete adjustable headband. Especially since the R10's adjustable headband is one of the best I've ever experienced.

Also, does Koji have these in stock, or do you have to wait for a special order from Sony? Hopefully he will have pics up of the packaging of the Qualia 010, I am interesting in seeing what the case looks like.

-Ed

May 16, 2004 at 2:29 PM Post #18 of 21
The main problem I saw with those abroad dealers, is that they do not offer any returning policy (unless defective), and most of the times we can only get the really high end cans through them, ATs, R-10, Stax, etc...I think that if they at least offer the same policy as Headroom, Todd etc...They for sure will sell a lot more, but who's gonna pull the trigger in a multi thousand dollar item, without even have the possibility of returning it, if you do not like it. Most of the times you don't even have the possibility of hearing them in any other place, it is too much money involved, just for try, the cost of the resell value is not even similar most of the times, you pay let's say 3600+ for R-10, and how much will you be able to sell it later if you do not like it, 2500-3000, you are loosing 600.00 the cost of an RS-1, a little over the cost of CD3k and HD650, IMO too much for a try....

May 16, 2004 at 2:32 PM Post #19 of 21
Hmm, definitely don't like the aesthetics of this headphone, though at least the price is somewhat more sane, compared to the R10.

May 16, 2004 at 3:14 PM Post #20 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
Koji ships very quickly, and is quick to respond to email inquiries.

Be aware that the charge to your credit card or account will NOT be in US Dollars. It will be in Japanese Yen at whatever the exchange rate is when the charge is processed, and you will also probably get hit with a conversion fee by your credit card company.

So the price can vary by about a hundred dollars or two.

The best way is to do a bank wire transfer in US Dollars. That way you know the exact amount and you don't get the conversion fee from your credit card co.

I think the Qualia Cans look great. I'd be surprised if they are actually good enough to be worth the money but I'd like to try 'em out!

May 16, 2004 at 3:34 PM Post #21 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller
Is more or less the Spanish version of the guinea pig, with a big mustache and a pair of Texan riding boots....

ROTFL!! Sounds like a Tasmanian Devil...
lach_3.gif

devil.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back