Sony PSP or Nintendo DS?
Nov 12, 2004 at 5:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

enzoferrari650

Headphoneus Supremus
So, which one do you think you will be getting? Based on the info we know up til now.

I think I'm gonna get the PSP cause of the impressive graphics.

Nov 12, 2004 at 6:10 AM Post #3 of 26
yeah, i have a feeling microsoft might come out with a new one sometime in the next year or two.

Nov 12, 2004 at 6:16 AM Post #4 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by enzoferrari650
yeah, i have a feeling microsoft might come out with a new one sometime in the next year or two.

A new Xbox? Yes, probably around Christmas 2005 (Xbox 2 or Nextbox, currently codenamed Xenon). Microsoft portable? I don't think so, at least there are no plans that I know of.

Nov 12, 2004 at 4:16 PM Post #6 of 26
I'm going to wait and see. I'm getting them primarily as a platform and rpg system, which does not depend too much on graphics but more on the games and developers. Still wondering which platform Square is going for because they're releasing FF games for both systems.

Nov 12, 2004 at 6:15 PM Post #8 of 26
I'm set upon the PSP, however my roommate has already pre-ordered the DS in full, so he'll get his when it comes out. The PSP release is quite some time away, so I'll have plenty of playtime with my roomie's DS for it to sway my mind.
biggrin.gif

Nov 12, 2004 at 7:16 PM Post #9 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Born2bwire
I'm going to wait and see. I'm getting them primarily as a platform and rpg system, which does not depend too much on graphics but more on the games and developers. Still wondering which platform Square is going for because they're releasing FF games for both systems.

I wish Chrono Trigger was portable! I demand a CT remake!
rolleyes.gif

Ok I'm done.

Nov 12, 2004 at 7:18 PM Post #10 of 26
No kidding... I don't see why they don't rerelease all the *** (especially 6) and CT, Illusions of Gaia and all the other good RPGs for GBASP. It makes way more sense than this DS crap.

jesse

Nov 12, 2004 at 9:10 PM Post #11 of 26
Have to agree on the sentiment of following Squaresoft's lead. Whichever system has a greater possibility of getting the FF remakes is the one I'll be looking at. Before, I thought it would be the PSP, but now, after taking into consideration that Square made Tactics for GBA, I'm thinking that the DS might get something as well. I am leaning more PSP though.

Nov 13, 2004 at 1:04 AM Post #13 of 26
I had a chance to play with a DS for about an hour today. Size-wise it's quite a bit larger than the Gameboy SP in all dimensions, it has a decent heft to it's weight. It has 2 slots, one for older Gameboy games, and another for the new style cartridges. The battery is built in, and they brought back the built in headphone jack (no adapter required). Controls consist of a D-pad, 4 buttons, and 2 shoulder buttons. The screens look quite good, but the viewing angle is minimal, people on the side of you wont be able to see anything (which could be a good thing). I wasn't able to see the screen in direct sunlight, however inside it looks great!

I was only able to play Metroid Prime Hunters, but it looks great. The game action was fast and the graphics are exceptional for a portable. No slow down at all even with a screen full of enemies. The main screen is the action screen, the secondary screen gives you a realtime map. The controls were a bit clunky, controlling a 3D game with a D-pad and 4 buttons takes a bit of getting used to, basically you use one thumb to move, and the other to look around, while your index fingers work the trigger buttons for weapons. You can also opt to use the touch screen to look around, I tried this but it was very difficult to use.

I liked what I saw, but I want to play the PSP before I decide on a new portable (if I get one at all).

Nov 13, 2004 at 2:40 AM Post #14 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Born2bwire
Why my brother laid claim to the SNES... DAMN HIM!!!!!!

Sounds like you need an SNES emulator...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back