Sony PHA-2A Dac/Amp Queues and Help Please
Aug 8, 2019 at 5:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

AndyBrechin

New Head-Fier
I currently have a Shanling H3 Dac/Amp and an Audioquest Red Dac/Amp. I also recently resurrected an old pair of Sennheiser Hd565 Ovation headphones and have a Sony PHA-2A on its way, as well as a balanced cable for the headphones so I am expecting good things from this set up.
I know the PHA-2A is likely a bit long in the tooth but I have sourced one brand new for a very good price and I like well built Sony gear (I have an XZ2 phone which I will use as an android source. So, my questions;
1 - Is USB Audio Player Pro software a good match for the Sony or is there some Sony android software I could/should use?
2 - Can I use a simple USB-C to Micro-B OTG cable to connect the phone and PHA-2A DAC/AMP, I don't need to use the special proprietary Walkman/PC cable it comes with do I? I use an Amazon Basics cable of this type phone/Shanling at present.
3 - Is there any meaningful firmware update for the PHA-2A and can this be done through android or must I add Sony Windows software through a laptop.
Thanks folks.

Attachments

• 20190808_101228.jpg
    20190808_101228.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back