1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Sony PHA-1A Dac/amp cable help.....

1. 3StarJ.R.
    to make a long story short, I just picked up a used, but immaculate PHA-1A in the hopes it would drive my Sennheiser 600's I use at work better than my other amp, (Fiio Q1). The Q1 does great with my secondary pair 630VB which is a lower ohm headset, but the 600's @ 300 ohms overwhelms the Q1.
    Hooked to my PC, (micro USB input), the pha-1a is every thing I hoped for and more. Lotta power for a portable. But, I need help with cabling.....

I use a Fiio X-5 player with a 3.5mm line out female jack. Unfortunately the PHA-1A does not have a 3.5mm input. Why? who knows? the amp does have a USB type a input and a micro usb input as well.
    [​IMG]

I tried this piece, usb to stereo 3.5mm female:

[​IMG]

But the PHA-1A just flashed it's on light, doesn't recognize it. There is little bit of junk available as a micro usb male to 3.55mm stereo male, but NO quality cable that I can find, this is where I need help. Any one have any suggestions?

2. 3StarJ.R.
    Bump....