Sony PHA-1 Review and Impressions
Nov 4, 2012 at 3:10 AM Post #16 of 60
Apparently it works with a galaxy S3 via otg cable (and into a microusb- male usb) straight into the digital input (micro usb, supposedly for PCs). I am trying this with the MDR-1R, gonna take some time to listen to the differences with and without.

Nov 26, 2012 at 11:16 PM Post #17 of 60
I've been convinced to give one a shot.
So who sells these for the best price and ships to North America?

EDIT: Let me rephrase that: Are these even for sale through any dealer that ships to North America?

Jan 18, 2013 at 5:32 AM Post #20 of 60
Hi all, received mine yesterday from Japan, initial impressions are good but I can't use the USB connection with my mac without getting buzzing and distortion. When I tried on my wife's PC it automatically installed drivers and then worked perfectly. I can't seem to find any driver for the mac though - can anyone help?

Jan 18, 2013 at 6:53 AM Post #21 of 60
Problem solved - needed to change the settings in Audio MIDI to 96hz, 2ch-24. 

Unfortunately the instructions were in Japanese so not so easy to read for an English speaker - but I could just about make this out. 

Mar 6, 2013 at 8:06 PM Post #22 of 60
Quote:
How do you know if it truly is decoding the digital signal?
Well, at this juncture.  I do not know for sure.  It could very well just be amplifying the analog signal but from the discussions on the iPhone 5, I strongly doubt that's possible as yet.  The HRT iStreamer also works with my iPhone 5.

Does anyone know about this for sure now?  Important for me if I am to have it feed a JH3A.  Must say, I'm really happy with my CLAS, the original version.  Could the Sony power HE500 sufficiently?

Mar 20, 2013 at 2:07 PM Post #26 of 60
Yep, it hurt! And no not really, it sat in customs for about 2 weeks before someone slapped that price on it! 

Might go along to the London head fi meet to drool over some stuff and so that other's can try out the pha1 

Apr 29, 2013 at 7:05 PM Post #27 of 60
I just got mine and it sounds amazing, kills my shadow connected with a cable pro lod to my iPod classic

May 9, 2013 at 7:24 PM Post #28 of 60

Users who are viewing this thread

Back