Sony OS vs Android for Sony DAPs
Aug 8, 2023 at 10:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Belbo

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I would be really interested in understanding differences between the two. Apart from the obvious differences (being able to run streaming clients for Tidal, etc) what are the advantages/disadvantages of each approach? Does the Sony OS has an inherent advantage in-terms of managing sound (as it is designed for that) vs Android? thanks!

Aug 9, 2023 at 12:12 AM Post #2 of 4
Hi,

I would be really interested in understanding differences between the two. Apart from the obvious differences (being able to run streaming clients for Tidal, etc) what are the advantages/disadvantages of each approach? Does the Sony OS has an inherent advantage in-terms of managing sound (as it is designed for that) vs Android? thanks!

The Android ones have to find a way around Android's built-in re sampling of all audio output to 48Khz, either in software or hardware.

Sony also has their own proprietary method to do the digital to analog conversion and headphone amplification. That part is probably similar, though, between Android and non-Android circuitry.

Aug 10, 2023 at 10:52 AM Post #3 of 4
The Android ones have to find a way around Android's built-in re sampling of all audio output to 48Khz, either in software or hardware.

Sony also has their own proprietary method to do the digital to analog conversion and headphone amplification. That part is probably similar, though, between Android and non-Android circuitry.

Thanks a lot for your answer. I understand that Sony has implemented its own clock within its player application on Android, is this as effective as it was within its own OS? I'm just looking for a comparison between the two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back