Sony nwz z o x series ?
Feb 21, 2013 at 4:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

simonecosta75

100+ Head-Fier
hi at all
sorry for my english , is very poor and i dont like google translator ..

i need a new mp3 reader , my sansa fuze v2 rockboxed is near to dead ..

i like sony nwz , is beatiful and have a good sound ... but...

what is difference to Z o X Series ? (x1060 o z1060 ) ?

only ios ? o different sound ?

the best for clear and warm sound ?

i use whit my sunsire xcape ie and sony mh1c 

thx a lot and sorry for my english 

Feb 21, 2013 at 6:01 AM Post #2 of 6
I dont have a Z to compare my X-series to but if I was to buy another I think I'd actually go with the F-series even if mainly for its android OS which gives more player options. Its much cheaper than the Z and is said to be more detailed.
The X-series has tactile control buttons which I love and its own excellent SQ characteristics, very warm and has a vinyl-like quality to it but perhaps lacks some detail and soundstage compared to my less warm sounding Samsung Galaxy 4.2 player (using Neutron.)  Both have their own advantages over each other but I use them both equally.

See- http://www.head-fi.org/t/651437/sony-walkman-f-vs-z

Feb 21, 2013 at 6:57 AM Post #3 of 6
Quote:
I dont have a Z to compare my X-series to but if I was to buy another I think I'd actually go with the F-series even if mainly for its android OS which gives more player options. Its much cheaper than the Z and is said to be more detailed.
The X-series has tactile control buttons which I love and its own excellent SQ characteristics, very warm and has a vinyl-like quality to it but perhaps lacks some detail and soundstage compared to my less warm sounding Samsung Galaxy 4.2 player (using Neutron.)  Both have their own advantages over each other but I use them both equally.

See- http://www.head-fi.org/t/651437/sony-walkman-f-vs-z

Thx a lot mate 

i dont take a decison

for u , what is best mp3 for me ...
i like detaild voice and trebble ..but not invasive ..
i like warm sound 

i dont like more bass ...

under 200 euro , what is best mp3 in absolute ?

sony z o x o f 
samsung  ? (what exaclitly model ?) (what is neutron?)

thx a lot

Feb 21, 2013 at 9:10 AM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Thx a lot mate 

i dont take a decison

for u , what is best mp3 for me ...
i like detaild voice and trebble ..but not invasive ..
i like warm sound 

i dont like more bass ...

under 200 euro , what is best mp3 in absolute ?

sony z o x o f 
samsung  ? (what exaclitly model ?) (what is neutron?)

thx a lot

Neutron Player is an Android App (Player) that is able to output a far cleaner, clearer sound over the stock player by various means, built from the ground up by audiophiles for audiophiles. if you do a search for it on here you will learn much more. It totally transformed my Galaxy Player, the best £3 I ever spent on improving a DAP.

The Galaxy S 4.2 player is basically an android version of the Ipod touch except with a removable battery and expandable SD card memory capacity, it also has a Wolfson DAC so its pretty good. I bought it for just £69.99 in the Amazon Black Friday deals, Its warm, very detailed, great clarity and soundstage and although not quite as warm as my X-series, SQ, clarity, instrument seperation and soundstage are better which was a huge surprise, I love it.

... however, it seems that Supercurio is not going to bother releasing Voodoo sound for it now :frowning2:  so if I were you I'd actually go for the old Samsung Galaxy S9000 smartphone. It has a similar (better?) Wolfson DAC but will allow you tio have Voodoo sound installed. Voodoo is an ap that uses a custom kernal that digs deep into the firmware and provides more power to the phones internal Amp improving its performance by reducing any distortions such as clipping that you sometimes get at high volumes. Although its just a phone it is also a fantastic player for the money, Install Neutron to pair with the Voodoo sound App on the S9000 and I'm sure you wont be dissapointed. :wink: 

I haven't tried the F or Z to be able to leave a valid opinion on either, sry.

You will learn more by searching about the Galaxy S S9000, Voodoo sound and Neutron player etc on here.

Feb 21, 2013 at 9:33 AM Post #5 of 6
then
you tell me with 200 euro you buy a samsung 4.2 app and neutron?
and that in doing so I sound less warm but more detailed and separate?
right?
what model ?
Samsung YP-G70 Galaxy S WIFI 5.0 ...  
Samsung Galaxy S, MP3 Player, Display 4.2 

Feb 21, 2013 at 11:47 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:
then
you tell me with 200 euro you buy a samsung 4.2 app and neutron?
and that in doing so I sound less warm but more detailed and separate?
right?
what model ?
Samsung YP-G70 Galaxy S WIFI 5.0 ...  
Samsung Galaxy S, MP3 Player, Display 4.2 

Yes, depending on your location you should be able to pick one up for a fair bit less than 200 euro.

The Galaxy S 4.2" version has the better Wolfson while the 5.0" YP-G70 uses the Yamaha C1YMU823.

Yes the 4.2 will sound slightly less warm than the X-series but more detailed, better seperation and a wider soundstage, this is comparing with UE TF10's.

The Samsung Galaxy S9000 (S1) smartphone has more going for it though due to being able to use the Voodoo Sound App built specifically for it, and is what I'd go for... should also be less than 200 Euro.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back