Sony NWZ-X1061 getting excessive amount of bass suddenly
Nov 12, 2009 at 12:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

MadDog

500+ Head-Fier
I just realized that my X is suddenly getting a massive amount of bass. I would have been happy if I am total basshead but I would like my bass to be at the proper level. I played around with my EQ all the time so it might have caused this to happen.

Anyone had a smiliar experience X empowering every songs with enormous bass frequecies?

I think I was somewhat able to bring it down by doing a factory reset under the setting but I am curious if anyone also encountered this issue.

Nov 12, 2009 at 1:00 AM Post #2 of 8
Mad Dog that sounds rather strange. I have never played with the EQ on the X to be honest but the bass quantity on mine has been consistent out of the box till now. Are you sure you don't have one of those enhancements activated?

Nov 12, 2009 at 1:45 AM Post #4 of 8
I play around with the device all the time and I think I know what I am seeing...so no, I never have the clear bass turned on but I do have other sound effect turned on but that shouldn't cause the bass to boost up.

Nov 12, 2009 at 4:53 AM Post #5 of 8
Hi,have you tried this,not just factory settings restore(From Manual):-

Troubleshooting
If the player does not function as expected, try the following steps to resolve
the issue.
1 Find the symptoms of the issue in the following troubleshooting tables,
and try any corrective actions listed.
2 Connect the player to your computer to charge the battery.
You may be able to resolve some issues by charging the battery.
3 Press the RESET button with a small pin, etc.
If you press the RESET button while operating the
player, stored data and settings on the player may be
deleted.

Reset Button on side of Player.
Prob last thing to try anyway.

Cheers BOB

Nov 12, 2009 at 8:12 AM Post #6 of 8
I think my player definitely has an issue. Today the volume just died on me...at volume level 6 there's almost no sound. I usually listen at around 12~13 but the same level of output is achieve at 20. I formatted, factory reset and hard reset but nothing was resotred but about 5 minutes later. volume's restored...

Do you think my amp is dying?

Nov 12, 2009 at 9:44 AM Post #7 of 8
Yep - send it back. With so many players in circulation, it stands to reason that some are duds : given that you can strike trouble with amps costing thousands, I dont have a problem with the prospect that the chip in my DAPs could fail. All I ask is that it happens during the warranty period.

Nov 12, 2009 at 8:46 PM Post #8 of 8
I just shipped mine out to Sony but don't like the fact that this happened only 4 month after my purchase and am getting back refurbish device paying $29.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back