Sony NWZ-X best settings
Jan 27, 2013 at 3:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

LukeTheDrifter

New Head-Fier
It´s my first post, so Hello to Everyone.

After reading the thread "Sony NWZ-F 806 mini Review" and the discussed warmth/vinylness of the former X-Series I decided to buy a used NWZ-X 1060. My last DAP was nearly 10 years old, so it was time to get something new.

Now I want to ask if someone can give some advices about the sound settings? I listen primary to acoustic, folk and rock. My headhones are the Brainwavz M3.

Did you enable or disable Clear Bass, DSEE, Clear Stereo, Dynamic Normalizer?

Many thanks in advance.

Jan 27, 2013 at 3:42 PM Post #2 of 4
Quote:

After reading the thread "Sony NWZ-F 806 mini Review" and the discussed warmth/vinylness of the former X-Series I decided to buy a used NWZ-X 1060. My last DAP was nearly 10 years old, so it was time to get something new.

Now I want to ask if someone can give some advices about the sound settings? I listen primary to acoustic, folk and rock. My headhones are the Brainwavz M3.

Many thanks in advance.

the x is my all time favorite. Unfortunate I can not help with the settings since my unit has a japanese menu (can not be switched to english) So I use the default setting.

Awyway was going to say let your ears dictate what you like best. Some like the clear stereo / Dsee etc. but equally some hate it.

Jan 28, 2013 at 4:22 AM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Many thanks in advance.

I disable all of them, they change the sound flavour a little but I feel they don't really improve anything.... The only thing I use is the EQ to help bring the mids forward a tad with my TF10's.

Jan 28, 2013 at 5:09 AM Post #4 of 4
Thanks guys. After hours of testing I think you are right. The Clear Bass, DSEE function etc. did not significantly improve the sound. In my opinion, the default EQ Settings with all sound features disabled delivers a very good sound quality. I can confirm the spoken "vinylness" with these settings. With Clear Bass, DSEE etc. on, the Sony sounds a little bit to analytical and cold for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back