Sony NWZ-S639F mini review (not all good)
Nov 24, 2008 at 10:57 PM Post #31 of 38
Yeah, I was dissapointed with the transfer rate of this player aswell (as I stated on my post last week)

The sound quality of the Sony S639F is better than my Cowon D2 though I miss the 3D (stereo widening) effect which is not on the Sony player.

Artmuzz

Dec 17, 2008 at 3:45 PM Post #32 of 38
A few people seem to think the new S6xx line sounds better than the D2. Would those who own it and have heard an i7 say it's better than that as well? I'm curious because I'm on the lookout for a new player (my 1st gen Nano battery is dying).

Dec 17, 2008 at 11:20 PM Post #33 of 38
I am very impressed with my 639, very detailed sound, very loud, certainly no need for amplification when used with er4's. On the whole very impressed, even at this early stage of using it.
Plus the gui architecture reminds me very much of the meizu m3. Much crisper/louder output than the meizu, which was and still is a very nice little player. One advantage the meizu has over the sony, is that it uses a standard mini usb type socket, which allows the use of the meizu portable battery pack- big shame the sony uses a non standard fitting.

Dec 18, 2008 at 10:19 AM Post #34 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by pbirkett /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Navigation: The player seems to be generally easy to use, but quite why trying to skip tracks results in it going to the next album instead, I can't quite figure out. It is, however, incredibly annoying.

This can be adjusted in the settings. When in the 'Now Playing' screen, press Option and you will see a menu item called ^/v Button Settings which changes how the up/down button works (from direct search to folder). But pressing the left/right buttons is used to skip individual tracks.

Feb 6, 2009 at 4:47 PM Post #38 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by DoomForce /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Quick question, does this player support all-random playback? (like toss in 2k songs and let it shuffle everything)

Yes. You can even do random playbacks limited to your desired year date, artists or genre. Or let the SenseMe shuffle them based on 'moods'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back