Sony NWZ S545 / S544 Problems
Apr 21, 2010 at 3:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Akash

100+ Head-Fier
Hi, Wondered if anyone can help??

I just bought the Sony NWZ S545 because it has speakers...

I have the Sony NWZ X1060 which I love to bits and so when I tried to load the videos (converted on Any audio / Any video convertor) to my New S545 guess what? its says "Cannot Play -File format not supported"

These videos work fine on the Sony X series, so why does it not work on the Sony S545?

Also if I go into the Voice Recorder and then wana go back to playing audio tracks it won't work, I have to connect to computer and let it do create library before I can resume any audio play back..Strange!!

Apr 23, 2010 at 8:30 AM Post #2 of 13
check out the resolution of the converted videos, shouldn't b anything other than 320*240, format either mpeg4 or h.264, video bitrate<=1200. Hope this helps.

Apr 23, 2010 at 4:43 PM Post #5 of 13
The SQ between the X AND S series...

Well I thought the sound-stage was better in the S series then the X

But X series has better clarity and the bass is of better quality..

Overall I would never sell the X....

If the X had the same sound-stage as the S, it would be totally amazing...

Apr 23, 2010 at 5:33 PM Post #6 of 13
Hi Akash
Try using Xillsoft video convertor ultimate.The profile with the name video>ipod>320*240 excellent works wonders & produces very smooth & detailed output. U can also embed subtitles with preferred font size onto the video. The only drawback is that the converted video is quite large in size.
Sonys are very picky about the video profile settings

Apr 23, 2010 at 5:41 PM Post #7 of 13
@Akash
Does the sony X have highs clearer & detailed than the sony S.Also which one sounds fuller X or S. And any views on How does the X compare to sony A series . Right now i m using sonya726, touch3g & clip v2. The sony a726 is very good but the touch has way smoother & extended highs.
I m just not getting everything right out of my portables............the X could be my dream Dap.

Apr 24, 2010 at 10:24 AM Post #8 of 13
Hi,
The X has fuller sound and better clarity, treble and bass, once you start listening to music you can't stop..it's that good!

I don't think even sony will make a better sounding DAP in the future....

May 28, 2010 at 11:30 PM Post #9 of 13
Install the software from the walkman...it has a built in video converter. I bought this because it supports WMV so I can download digital copies but the first one I tried it loaded but got a not supported message? I just got it today and will play around with it. Older mp4 videos play with no issues. I have an a series and love the sound. I will have to do some a b ing but off the rip the s sounds very close to the a

May 29, 2010 at 5:22 PM Post #10 of 13
I'm starting to feel not so sure about the X sound quality...

It has a mid (not sure if is bass, or range - could even be both - insert as applicable) hump which makes music sound boomy / shouty...

I just hope this isn't like when I had the Grado RS1 - once I heard their 'flaws', I could never listen to them again :frowning2:

May 30, 2010 at 6:20 PM Post #11 of 13
Hi, is the software in the S545, cos I cannot find it?

Quote:
Install the software from the walkman...it has a built in video converter. I bought this because it supports WMV so I can download digital copies but the first one I tried it loaded but got a not supported message? I just got it today and will play around with it. Older mp4 videos play with no issues. I have an a series and love the sound. I will have to do some a b ing but off the rip the s sounds very close to the a

May 10, 2012 at 11:19 AM Post #13 of 13
Quote:
I'm starting to feel not so sure about the X sound quality...

It has a mid (not sure if is bass, or range - could even be both - insert as applicable) hump which makes music sound boomy / shouty...

I just hope this isn't like when I had the Grado RS1 - once I heard their 'flaws', I could never listen to them again :frowning2:

Sorry for dragging up an old topic. But this is the first place I've seen the X called "boomy and shouty" and that exactly how it sounds to me vs my clip or A818. 

I think I have all all EQ and effects turned off. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back