Sony NWZ model.. support FLAC?
May 6, 2008 at 12:34 PM Post #6 of 10
it has gapless, lineout and lossless. atrac lossless, gaples with atrac and line out from either the cheap cable of 1200 en or from a separate doc.

it is good but sony are a bit too hissy to love and it is atrac, so you get the good with bad.

May 6, 2008 at 2:20 PM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
it has gapless, lineout and lossless. atrac lossless, gaples with atrac and line out from either the cheap cable of 1200 en or from a separate doc.

it is good but sony are a bit too hissy to love and it is atrac, so you get the good with bad.

The models that are marketed in the US DO NOT HAVE gapless playback, lossless playback, or ATRAC support of any kind.

May 6, 2008 at 5:18 PM Post #9 of 10
it does have line out, but only via WMPORT... :X

I think lineout and gapless could be integrated via firmware update, but apparently sony doesn't spend too much time on their firmwares... (i wonder why they don't release an app to hack the firmwares at home...)

May 7, 2008 at 12:33 AM Post #10 of 10
i keep forgetting that they don't support the same thing in the us. sorry. however the line out can be made to work with the japanese recording cable via firmware tag

edit: conversely i would love to have hacked firmware so that i could drag and drop onto the player rather than boot up windows just to transfer music (which i have to drop to a share drive first)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back