Sony NWZ-E354 or NWZ-S754?
Dec 30, 2011 at 10:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

TMC

1000+ Head-Fier
Hello everyone, I'm looking into a new portable source since the 2GB memory on my original Clip is getting annoyingly small. I've found some older Sony 8GB players(Sony NWZ-E354 and NWZ-S754) for a decent price and was wondering if anyone has some experience with either player, or if I'm lucky maybe even with both? What do you find good/bad about either player? Thanks for your input.

Jan 1, 2012 at 12:15 PM Post #2 of 5
Well I went with a S754 refurb, since AFAIK from reading up about them they're from the same generation of Sony players with the S754 being the more expensive version, and I've never had active noise-cancelling gear before so I'm curious to see how good/bad that is. And since it's from Canada I don't have to worry about the volume cap that Sony has (stupidly) enforced on all their EU version players.

Jan 2, 2012 at 3:03 PM Post #3 of 5
Choose s754, the noise-cancelling's very useful when you're hanging out.
And European or American E354's model seems no line out port(WM-PORT).
But if u like newage or classic music, don't choose Walkman's stuff. I'm using S736F, just use to listen J-Pops and ACG music.
Hope my opinions are useful and sorry for my poor English.

Jan 2, 2012 at 8:14 PM Post #4 of 5
Yeah I already ordered the S754, never bought refurbished before so I hope the player will be in good shape when I get it. I don't really worry about line-out for portable players since I find an extra amp too bulky, but I'm curious how well the noise-cancelling will work on my daily bus/tram travels. Thanks for the input and oh yeah welcome to head-fi, sorry about your wallet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back