*** Sony NWZ-E345 16GB MP3 Player for $57 + free shipping
Nov 30, 2009 at 9:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

stevenjchang

500+ Head-Fier
Dec 1, 2009 at 5:54 AM Post #4 of 15
why oh why will they not allow international shipping! so frustrating!

Dec 1, 2009 at 6:21 PM Post #5 of 15
Considering the sheer amount of storage space internally (not that it has a microSD slot, mind you), does anyone have an opinion on this or can anyone offer a review with opinions about it? Did a search here at the forum and it's almost non-existant which means either: a) it's brand new and just hit the market so recently nobody has done a proper review, or b) it's a POS to be avoided even given the low price and decent amount of storage.

Thanks...

Dec 1, 2009 at 11:06 PM Post #6 of 15
iohegoshe09gusrage09gus0ai9emuhate09sthis68eg0-awg

i missed the deal

does anyone want to sell one they bought from this deal to me?
frown.gif

i will love you forever

Dec 1, 2009 at 11:27 PM Post #8 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Average /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Considering the sheer amount of storage space internally (not that it has a microSD slot, mind you), does anyone have an opinion on this or can anyone offer a review with opinions about it? Did a search here at the forum and it's almost non-existant which means either: a) it's brand new and just hit the market so recently nobody has done a proper review, or b) it's a POS to be avoided even given the low price and decent amount of storage.

Thanks...

Why not search outside the forum for data? It is Sony's newest E Series, but there are plenty of reviews outside of HF. Doubtful it's a POS, as all prices are now back up to $89 or more. I'd say that was a very good deal.

For example, they may not be HF reviews but ...

Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Sony Walkman NWZS545BLK 16 GB Video MP3 Player (Black)

Sony E-Series Walkman (second generation, 16GB, black) MP3 player reviews - CNET Reviews

Dec 2, 2009 at 1:13 AM Post #9 of 15
As you noted, they're not HF reviews.
wink.gif

And yes, I did look over the Amazon ones, but CNET? Pishaw... they wouldn't know good audio if... well, they just don't, and that's that. hehe

Seems I/we missed this anyway so, moving on... just found a blue 4GB Fuze on Craig's List BNIB for $35 so I'm grabbing it then heading to Fry's for a microSD card of some size.

Dec 3, 2009 at 12:58 AM Post #10 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Average /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks...

for such a noob, and an ignorant one at that, you shouldn't say such outrageous statements like, i wonder if its a POS to be avoided even given the low price and decent amount of storage.
even if you were only asking a question, it was pretty much a statement, which you based on your one day expereience that you could not find reviews on it

the reason you cant find anything is not because its not there, its just much harder to find because of the way sony name's there players, each player (even simple shift in storage space) will change the model number, not to mention they have so many damn series (A, S, E...etc) therefore none of the model numbers will yield much... anywhere on the internet. there's like over 20 models of sony's recent mp3 players out there, within the last few years.

here's what i can tell you
all sony's for the last couple years has the same audio chip. also it has customize eq (but e series maybe lesser customizable). everyone on hf will rank sony's sq on the top tier of mp3 eq's, that is not hidden knowledge. stick around for a few for days and it should become apparent.

also- the player is bad in that it has trouble connecting to pcs, including mine. i think you have to uninstall and reinstall the driver to get it to work, its a one time problem... not a reoccurring one

Dec 3, 2009 at 1:15 AM Post #11 of 15
Agree, the post was really uninformed and not much more than attitude. And CNET may not be Audiogon, but sometimes you can pick up some decent info. For example, Steve Guttenberg is a reliable CNET aduio reviewer.

Dec 3, 2009 at 2:02 AM Post #12 of 15
Post counts and posting frequency are not indicators of knowledge or experience, kids, don't be so presumptuous.

I borrowed one of these from a friend earlier today, not a bad unit actually, but lacking in warmth and clarity (personal opinion, since you folks love tossing 'em around) compared to the Fuze I just got. While the 16GB of space would have been nice, the 4+16 in this Fuze already trumps it and so does the SQ at this point. Cost a little more than the Sony would have in the end but I'm satisfied.

Dec 3, 2009 at 2:14 AM Post #13 of 15
No one said anything about post counts or frequency, but you. Your initial post was just somewhat over the top, because there are plenty of reviews of Sony DAPs out there in the big wide world outside of HF. Is it not presumptuous to blow off every single CNET review/reviewer. You've read them all? Is it not presumptuous to ask for people's opinions (i.e., does anyone have an opinion on this or can anyone offer a review with opinions about it?) and then ridicule someone for "tossing" them around?

Never owned the Sony E340, but I did own a Fuze once and sold it. Decent DAP, but no world beater SQ-wise via HP out - certainly no better than the two-year-old Sony A818 I just sold. Good luck with your Fuze.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back