Sony NWZ-B172F thoughts.
Jan 11, 2013 at 7:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

LiquidFidelity

New Head-Fier
I've been using an LG P970 + FiiO E11, and a PSVita as my sources, but i find either one too bulky to carry around.

here are my thoughts on my current gear, my LG phone sound sucks without an amp, my vita sounds good unamped and great when amped.

Im thinking of buying the cheap Sony NWZ-B172F http://www.sony.com.ph/product/nwz-b172f/sku/nwz-b172f_nce. Based on the reviews I've read, it sounds promising. some have complained about battery woes. other than that it's fine. I'm just looking for an MP3 player only. so flac support wont really be needed

I'm looking for some opinions before i pull the trigger on this one.

Jan 11, 2013 at 11:29 AM Post #2 of 5
I haven't listened to this model but it's going to be "fine"; if you can get a hold of an older A series in your neck of the woods that might work out better sound wise. I got an NWZ-A844 for about $76 USD (in Mexico) just to give you an idea. The box was all beat up but the player is great. Just a thought!

Jan 13, 2013 at 7:08 PM Post #3 of 5
this doesnt really sound good... or even OK.. too much bass for my tastes that bleeds!

if you want a similar-sized sony mp3 player, you should go for their older versions E01x, S20xf, etc...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back