Sony NWZ-A8XXX / Best file format ???
Jan 8, 2008 at 10:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

jay sun

New Head-Fier
I purchased a sony NWZ-A818 yesterday and shiped it up to Jersey for my father's b-day. I was going to get an iaudio-7 for myself because of the diversity of file formats it uses. I decided against the cowon because the swing touch will not be practical for the environment I will be using the player in. So I opted for the Sony.

My question is this. All my files are flac or ogg on my pc. What will be the best format to convert to and using what program?

Thanks in advance for all the help.
PS I am using shure ec3's as my first iems. I feel like they are no more then an eighty dollar pair of ear plugs. Every time the cord brushes against my clothing it sounds like a stethoscope. So annoying. Is this the case with all iems?

Jan 8, 2008 at 11:35 PM Post #2 of 9
i got the answer with a google search.
took me to a head-fi thread from the past that answered my question about file format. vbr mp3
now the only question is what to do with my shures

Jan 9, 2008 at 12:02 AM Post #3 of 9
I just got my A818 today and have been impressed. They work extremely well with my ER4Ps. The build quality is most impressive. Good luck with your Sony.

EDIT: I am using MP3 320kbps for ripped cds and it sounds very good

Jan 9, 2008 at 9:41 AM Post #6 of 9
LAME V0 or V2 switches, depending on how much you want to trade-off quality (referring more to the -V2 switch).

You can also play with aac if you want, but I don't have much experience with that so I can't personally recommend anything.

Jan 10, 2008 at 4:59 AM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by sinner6 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Also embed your album art to the tag and never worry about it again.

what exactly is the best/easiest way of doing this? i have a j.river media center and not sure if i'm doing it right cause the album art isn't showing up in my A818

Users who are viewing this thread

Back