Sony NWZ-A818 VS Sony NWZ-S618
Nov 29, 2007 at 7:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 36

satanicoo

New Head-Fier
Are there diferençes in audio quality? Or the screen size and FM radio is all that there is?

I do like FM radio on my mp3, and if sound quality is equal between them, i will go for the NWZ-S618, wich is also cheaper
smily_headphones1.gif

Sorry for another topic, but i searched and readed, and no one was able to compare these too.

Please enlighten me
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 29, 2007 at 7:57 PM Post #4 of 36
I bought a S618 two days ago, and I'm couldn't be happier. I hate radio reception of my D2, and I decided to try something "new" and new "S" Sony series really shine. Radio reception is (more o less) important for me, and S618works 100% maybe (I don't know) not perfect as a RDS (Zune?) but far better than D2.
Screen obviously is tiny but crisp and menus are really good, fast navigation (I like see album art only).
Sound is fantastic, punch, solid without tweak the EQ.
IMHO these new "S" sony are something really great.

Nov 29, 2007 at 7:59 PM Post #5 of 36
I bought a S618 two days ago, and I'm couldn't be happier. I hate radio reception of my D2, and I decided to try something "new" and new "S" Sony series really shine. Radio reception is (more o less) important for me, and S618works 100% maybe (I don't know) not perfect as a RDS (Zune?) but far better than D2.
Screen obviously is tiny but crisp and menus are really good, fast navigation (I like see album art only).
Sound is fantastic, punch, solid without tweak the EQ.
IMHO these new "S" sony are something really great
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 30, 2007 at 7:03 PM Post #9 of 36
Guys, been hearing my new Sony NWZ-S618 on radio and -

WOW! It completely crushes creative zen v plus at this part! 1-0!
WOW! Volume! So high! 2-0!
Design, i prefer Creative's one, but its quite nice the same
smily_headphones1.gif
2-1!
Sound quality, since i am gonna test it crossroads XB, i am not going to compare them, its quite nice and at least sound as good with the default earphones.

I do not regret it!

Thanks all!

Dec 1, 2007 at 7:49 AM Post #11 of 36
yes they do...I myself bought the S616...its only 159.99 and its SQ is marvelous not to mention its built in volume normalizer and it works pretty well. The customizing on this player is wonderful and it doesn't distort when EQ is applied. If you have ER4p this is the player for you. I can finally feel that bass that was missing on all my ipods.

Jan 6, 2008 at 7:04 AM Post #13 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ichinichi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
howl, that's not what i want to read!

anyone got a pair of ER4's they're looking to get rid of?

I find Shure E4c a better match for the S616F. The ER4p makes it sound a tad to aggressive.

Jan 13, 2008 at 3:42 PM Post #15 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by lumanogin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the info guys. I've been looking into these players and wanted the 818 but I needed radio. I'm an NPR junkie. 618 fits the bill and it's cheaper too.

NPR is the sole reason I needed radio, too! The reception in the 6xx is pretty good, considering that it's using the headphone cord for the antenna. If the signal is weak, you will hear it fade in and out as you move around, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back