Sony NWZ-A818 Protection?
Jan 18, 2008 at 8:14 AM Post #17 of 31
Found the Noreve Leather Case on another thread/site, but it looks like the belt clip is xtra and not out yet.
frown.gif

Jan 18, 2008 at 8:53 AM Post #18 of 31
I bought a leather case from this Ebay dealer.

3058_1.JPG

It looks Ok but I am not very happy about the cuts in the case for buttons! They don't fit them in exact precision. BUt I am bit of a perfectionist.

Jan 19, 2008 at 12:32 AM Post #19 of 31
I have an A818 and I don't use a case. I've had it since launch and no issues... it seems pretty durable. So I'm not sure if it's really a necessity. Seems a shame to make the player any fatter, too.

Jan 19, 2008 at 2:19 AM Post #20 of 31
I'm all about the leather case made by sony. I think the case looks absolutely wonderful and protects the player excellently. The button "areas" work well (not perfect, but well...took some time getting used to it).

I love my leather case...I will say that it does add some thickness to the player, but I have huge gorilla hands anyway. It's easier to hold that way.

Have a good one,

Nylan

Jan 19, 2008 at 6:18 AM Post #21 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by selfnoise /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have an A818 and I don't use a case. I've had it since launch and no issues... it seems pretty durable. So I'm not sure if it's really a necessity. Seems a shame to make the player any fatter, too.

x2
I own a A808 since April 2007, always just toss it in my bag/pocket (I take care there are no keys or other metal stuff around), no scratches at all.

Jan 19, 2008 at 8:43 AM Post #22 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by selfnoise /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So I'm not sure if it's really a necessity.

I require a player to go with me running, to the gym, in the car, at work, and occasionally at home. Given the amount of activity, a proper case makes it much easier to deal with. Unfortunately, I couldn't find anything good to put it in. Too bad cause it sounded so nice.
frown.gif

Jan 29, 2008 at 4:05 PM Post #23 of 31
DKaz;3638319 said:
I bought the clear case also. It works great, but I don't want to scratch that either so I bought a silicone case tooo. Aamzon has the clear case for $6 + $5 shipping:

Hello Everyone.

I just Bought the sony a818 and was wondering if the silicone case will fit over the plastic case. That seems like it would be perfect if it works out.
Protection *and* grip assurance.

Jan 29, 2008 at 5:24 PM Post #24 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by toastee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just Bought the sony a818 and was wondering if the silicone case will fit over the plastic case. That seems like it would be perfect if it works out.
Protection *and* grip assurance.

Stretching it over the clear case would case it to tear. The silicone case protects it very well from scratches. The Sony itself is durable enough that the clear case is a bit overkill.

Jan 29, 2008 at 6:16 PM Post #25 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The only 'problem' with the leather case is that it completely covers the player. You can't see it at all. All you can see is the case. If it was an ugly player - then it would be good to cover it up!! But it's lovely to look at and it seems a shame to totally obliterate it with a leather case.

Well I got a chance to look at one up close and ended up buying it, since it the cover on the front is a flap that allows you access to the buttons and see the screen. The pictures of the case on the net do not show that at all.(I don't know why but, it is strange.)

Jan 30, 2008 at 2:07 PM Post #26 of 31
Just received my crystal case ( cost GBP 1 for the case + GBP 4 for shipping to Canada) for my A818, and it is great!!!

I will probably order a second to have as a backup for the case the first gets scratched up.

If you are interested, I got it from ebay seller completebuy...

(I also bought an original Sony leather case - and I am considering now to sell it. It is brand new, in its original box and I will probably not use it as the crystal case looks so much better...)

Feb 5, 2008 at 4:33 PM Post #27 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by DKaz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Stretching it over the clear case would case it to tear. The silicone case protects it very well from scratches. The Sony itself is durable enough that the clear case is a bit overkill.

I see...thanks.
That's what I wanted to know.

I was just after a way to get protection and grip improvement. (I'm the kid that consistently bobbled and dropped the football in grade school and was the goat.)

Maybe I'll go with the leather then to get the size *and* grip increase I want...it just seems that the clear plastic case would give better protection, but would still be slippery.

Feb 6, 2008 at 4:04 AM Post #29 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Miklos /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just received my crystal case ( cost GBP 1 for the case + GBP 4 for shipping to Canada) for my A818, and it is great!!!

I will probably order a second to have as a backup for the case the first gets scratched up.

(I also bought an original Sony leather case - and I am considering now to sell it. It is brand new, in its original box and I will probably not use it as the crystal case looks so much better...)

Hey, great price! Get a spare. My Sony went crashing to the ground a few months ago and I watched, helpless, as it bounced off the concrete. Luckily it was in the case, which only suffered a few hairline scratches. I got a spare case after that!

And yeah, I think the Sony looks really nice in it - much more so than I thought it would. And all the buttons work so easily too. Great bargain you got there!

Feb 6, 2008 at 4:14 AM Post #30 of 31
I just picked up the silicone case from the sony store. It looks and works great. The buttons are still easy to access and fully functional. This is great protection against scratches, but likely little against a serious fall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back