Sony NWZ-A729
Oct 12, 2008 at 7:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Ginko

New Head-Fier
I can try to answer any kinds of questions you guys might have. Right now, here's my plan for my portable rig:

I currently own a 2G iPhone which I use as my DAP. Although I like it, I'm looking for something better. I went to SonyStyle the other day, and their NWZ-A series is looking good. Pretty good sound quality right off the bat. I'm considering getting a D3 Python to tie it with the A729. I did a sizeasy comparison [Link] and it looks like it were made for each other
tongue.gif

I mainly listen to rock music (well, JRock; genres would be experimental, post, hard rock.. pretty much the whole spectrum) and some JPop. I'd say it's something like 70% rock, 25% pop, and 5% everything else.

What cans, besides the Grado SR80 (which I hope to demo this weekend) would fit the bill the best? I'm looking at the Yuin PK1 (I'll be using it unamped for a month, and then getting the amp). I kinda don't want IEMs, although if there's one that's comfortable then I'll truly consider (I am right now using a Vibe which is slowly falling apart). Oh and if the earbud plugs straight into the iPhone that's an awesome plus (sometimes I don't want to lug too much around, y'know?)

Thanks!

P.S.: BTW, Where can I buy an iRiver Clix2 Redline version? I can't find one anywhere
redface.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back