Sony nwa805!!!
Aug 23, 2007 at 11:01 AM Post #3 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mjackson_Forever /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I really wanna get this player. ANyone here own this beautiful piece of hardware?

I've got the 8GB A808 and it's fantastic. Sound quality is clear and very very detailed, at first, when I compared it with my fuller-sounding S706 I didn't like it at all and was about to sell it. My ears interpreted the clarity as 'harshness' after the 706, but then I stuck with it for a while and I got to appreciate the detail. Now I love them both equally
icon10.gif

The thing I like most is the EQ efficiency. It works very very well and you can just about drag out any sound you want (within reason) and until my recent headphone purchase - the EQ got used a LOT. Without it I wouldn't have been able to listen to some of my headphones, so that feature was very important to me. Even the headphones Sony supply are good, and that's often unheard of with stock buds. The only gripe will be SonicStage, but if you can get past that, I'm pretty sure you won't be disappointed.

Aug 23, 2007 at 3:33 PM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aevum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
id buy it if there was a USB conversion for it, dont like propietary cables,

Have to agree with you on that. The Sony's cost over £30, so if you lose it. . .

Aug 23, 2007 at 4:19 PM Post #6 of 9
if there was a cheap replacement cable, the first thing i would do would be get a cutter, a soldering iron and a usb connector, make myself a keychain sized USB to Sony adaptor,

Aug 23, 2007 at 5:47 PM Post #7 of 9
I like it very very much, beautifully made and great SQ. On f.i. the px100 it sounds great but on my E4's I prefer some EQ-ing:
CB: off (gives unwanted basspush)
DSEE: on (gives some treble smoothing, at the expense of 'sparkle')
CS: off (according to the manual inadvisable except with the supplied phones, seems to add some weird channel seperation)
EQ: +1,+1,0,-1,0 (counters lean SQ)

Aug 24, 2007 at 9:53 AM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aevum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
id buy it if there was a USB conversion for it, dont like propietary cables,

Don't mind if they are cheap. But rip off ones....
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back