SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 13, 2020 at 4:19 PM Post #43,051 of 45,723
One last question regarding Sony‘s explanation as to why streaming hi-res and unpacking MQA via their own DACs isn‘t possible due to Android’s developer restrictions...

How exactly was LG able to accomplish that feat with their V line Android phones, the V20, 30, and 40? LG’s own software combined with a quad Sabre DAC setup... They unpacked and played MQA from Tidal, played hi-res Amazon, QBUDZ, etc. etc.

Figure like what... Five thousand V series phones sold for every one Sony streaming DAP? More? Obviously the risk of corrupting Android or otherwise hurting Google’s rep would be far more likely on the scale LG was operating on, and yet Google gave zero F’s... But they mind if Sony does the same thing on a few of their specialty niche-market “hi-res” streaming DAPs? Devices that aren’t even phones, meaning the Android phone OS isn’t front and center in terms of reputation for reliability etc?

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2020 at 4:24 PM Post #43,052 of 45,723
imagine someone buying a wm1a/z now and saying 'well i guess i need to read all pages of the wm1a/z' thread....

curious how/where he would start with reading so many pages

go from page 1 ? start from last page and go backwards ? pick a random middle point ?
I would just search for any questions I had, but of course, I have been following this thread for a long time.
I joined around April and tried everything: working backwards, starting at page 500, 1000, trying the search function - I have no idea how many pages I've actually read with those methods.
The problem with the search is it sometimes doesn't bring specific results and you end up with 20 pages of results to sift through, then have that feeling of dread asking that question that may have been asked 100 times. Although, as opinions frequently change and new information comes out it can be good to ask.

Aug 13, 2020 at 4:25 PM Post #43,053 of 45,723
One last question regarding Sony‘s explanation as to why streaming hi-res and unpacking MQA via their own DACs isn‘t possible due to Android’s developer restrictions...

How exactly was LG able to accomplish that feat with their V line Android phones, the V20, 30, and 40? LG’s own software combined with a quad Sabre DAC setup... They unpacked and played MQA from Tidal, played hi-res Amazon, QBUDZ, etc. etc.

Figure like what... Five thousand V series phones sold for every one Sony streaming DAP? More? Obviously the risk of corrupting Android or otherwise hurting Google’s rep would be far more likely on the scale LG was operating on, and yet Google gave zero F’s... But they mind if Sony does the same thing on a few of their specialty niche-market “hi-res” streaming DAPs? Devices that aren’t even phones, meaning the Android phone OS isn’t front and center in terms of reputation for reliability etc?
I would take that the DSP from Walkman DAP is happening within the SOC from Sony and it wasn’t meant to do that MQA you asked ? LG and V phones are using capable Sigma Delta Chips, which is already having the hardware built in capability. The one Sony with Sigma Delta would be DMP Z

Aug 13, 2020 at 4:33 PM Post #43,054 of 45,723
Sorry, am I missing something...
I dont see link to any fw on DSEE HX AI, the above statement is in the 1.2 LINK and there are only 3 fw mod ....

You just need to install any of the latest modded firmware from my main post, link in the signature, and then go to the sound effects, and you will see "DSEE HX AI" instead of Standard. There is no separate update or anything like that, DSEE HX AI is part of all mods from my main post.

The "1.1", "1.2", and "1.3" from the "update log" section, contains only info on what was done/added on that update. These versions are not separate firmwares. "1.3" contains all the updates from "1.1" and "1.2".

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2020 at 4:49 PM Post #43,055 of 45,723
You just need to install any of the latest modded firmware from my main post, link in the signature, and then go to the sound effects, and you will see "DSEE HX AI" instead of Standard. There is no separate update or anything like that, DSEE HX AI is part of all mods from my main post.

The "1.1", "1.2", and "1.3" from the "update log" section, contains only info on what was done/added on that update. These versions are not separate firmwares. "1.3" contains all the updates from "1.1" and "1.2".
Hi, I actually updated with the latest fw from drive... dated Aug 04.....
I am using WM1AZ++ 3.02...
Should redo the fw update again?

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2020 at 4:54 PM Post #43,056 of 45,723
Hi, I actually updated with the latest fw from drive... dated Aug 04.....
I am using WM1AZ++ 3.02...
Should redo the fw update again?

It can't be.

If the firmware install succeeded, then it will be completely installed. It cannot install only partially.

Are you telling me you can't see this? - which is impossible, by the way, if the install was done and you see "WM1A/Z++" in the Unit information menu.

1597352061657.png
1597352081809.png

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2020 at 5:04 PM Post #43,057 of 45,723
imagine someone buying a wm1a/z now and saying 'well i guess i need to read all pages of the wm1a/z' thread....

curious how/where he would start with reading so many pages

go from page 1 ? start from last page and go backwards ? pick a random middle point ?

I think he simply better start reading the first page that @MrWalkman released the new 1a/1z+ fw
No need to read the rest 🙃😁🤣😂

Aug 13, 2020 at 5:12 PM Post #43,059 of 45,723
Okay... so that where u enable the DSEE HX AI...
oops, sorry I was on the Female vocal and kept looking at the top where the DSEE HX and expecting to display DSEE HX AI..
my thousand apologies....
Again thankyou ...

This is why I mentioned it replaces the "Standard" option :)

Aug 13, 2020 at 5:58 PM Post #43,060 of 45,723
Okay... so that where u enable the DSEE HX AI...
oops, sorry I was on the Female vocal and kept looking at the top where the DSEE HX and expecting to display DSEE HX AI..
my thousand apologies....
Again thankyou ...

Lmao female vocals 🙃someone is very focused on female vocals apparently 😁🙂

Aug 13, 2020 at 6:58 PM Post #43,061 of 45,723
Lmao female vocals 🙃someone is very focused on female vocals apparently 😁🙂

I focus on them if my wife is talking to me. Of course I also focus on them if it is Alison Krauss or Heart.

Aug 13, 2020 at 8:02 PM Post #43,062 of 45,723
Guys I am in heaven:

Its so wonderful how much of a difference in enjoyment when listening to my CD resolution 1990s music collection being played back on the ZX507. The DSEE HX AI has the ability make them sound like modern high resolution recordings with better dynamics, clarity and natural spaciousness. Like I mentioned before it's a Zen-like experience, with music details enveloping all around you with the balanced IER-M9 on final audio E-type tips.

Aug 13, 2020 at 8:32 PM Post #43,063 of 45,723
Guys I am in heaven:

Its so wonderful how much of a difference in enjoyment when listening to my CD resolution 1990s music collection being played back on the ZX507. The DSEE HX AI has the ability make them sound like modern high resolution recordings with better dynamics, clarity and natural spaciousness. Like I mentioned before it's a Zen-like experience, with music details enveloping all around you with the balanced IER-M9 on final audio E-type tips.

Aaaw ) you are lucky zx507 has it native hehe.

I loved zx507 sub bass damn its good! I find even better then wm1z! But not the sound stage though.

Aug 13, 2020 at 8:38 PM Post #43,064 of 45,723
Aaaw ) you are lucky zx507 has it native hehe.

I loved zx507 sub bass damn its good! I find even better then wm1z! But not the sound stage though.

The ZX507 is that good? Wow!

Aug 13, 2020 at 8:50 PM Post #43,065 of 45,723
The ZX507 is that good? Wow!

It is . It has many new features, new sony gold caps, new soldering that has some % of gold and a fun signature sound.
Apparently they made new fw and it has improved on Soundstage now but I havent heard it... as I sold it before they released it.

From when I had it and my a/b vs wn1z it was not that far behind honestly.
I still found android sucks and it made rare hickups but like small artifacts in the sound occured but rare enough that you wont notice to it. I did as I listen 5 hours a day...

Still 1a and 1z os is the most stable one. Android no matter gonna inject its poison in 1 way or another rrrreeerrree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back