SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 3, 2020 at 10:57 AM Post #42,361 of 45,723
I already showed everyone what they wanted to know. What @gearofwar asked was for me to tune/synergies the Cerberus logic with your internally tuned Mod firmware

Which is impossible without owning the player

I didn't mention what @gearofwar was asking you. I only mentioned replacing the older UPG in the Cerberus+ you shared, with the latest version, which doesn't modify the Certificates images anymore. Other people asked you this, some time ago. No tuning involved there.

Aug 3, 2020 at 10:59 AM Post #42,362 of 45,723
I didn't mention what @gearofwar was asking you. I only mentioned replacing the older UPG in the Cerberus+ you shared, with the latest version, which doesn't modify the Certificates images anymore. Other people asked you this, some time ago. No tuning involved there.
MAX asked about all that, and I answered that

Regardless, asking someone to work on something they do not own is out of line . I am sorry but I don’t know how to spell it out any more clear than this

Aug 3, 2020 at 11:00 AM Post #42,363 of 45,723
MAX asked about all that, and I answered that

Regardless, asking someone to work on something they do not own is out of line

I will reiterate what I said. It's just replacing a file in an archive and posting a new link, nothing more.

You already did that when you used the older WM1A/Z+ UPG in the "Cerberus+" which you posted, so, as per your definition, you already worked on something which you do not own.

Aug 3, 2020 at 11:02 AM Post #42,364 of 45,723
I will reiterate what I said. It's just replacing a file in an archive and posting a new link, nothing more.

You already did that when you used the older WM1A/Z+ UPG in the "Cerberus+" which you posted, so, as per your definition, you already worked on something which you do not own.
I like the nonchalant rhetoric. I will try out the firmware you updated in two days. Work has been busy the last couple of days. (Amen to that)

Aug 3, 2020 at 11:03 AM Post #42,365 of 45,723

It is still doesn’t matter....asking for someone to work on something they do not own is out of line. Why is that so hard ?

I do what I want, and I have no obligations to anyone.

this is pointless debate

Aug 3, 2020 at 11:06 AM Post #42,366 of 45,723
It is still doesn’t matter....asking for someone to work on something they do not own is out of line. Why is that so hard ?

I do what I want, and I have no obligations to anyone.

If you can't even replace a file in an archive, which you already did actually, before posting the link to "Cerberus+", then that's not really a good attitude for a modding enthusiast, as I already mentioned.

I understand not doing tunings, but not even replacing a simple file?

Sure, it's your business, but it's sad that you don't want to do just this simple thing.

Edit: @gearofwar actually asked about that, 2 times, and not Maxx.

@Whitigir could you please revise the firmware based on the new installer ? thanks
Would you consider revising the Cerberus on the new installer? I’m really enjoying it

To others reading the thread, and want to try "Cerberus+", you can find an installer which will restore the Certificate images here.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2020 at 11:21 AM Post #42,367 of 45,723
@Sonywalkmanuser sounds like a sales pitcher for sony haha,

To clarify, I am not professionally associated to Sony in any way, shape or form. Just an OCD music listener, OCD fanboy and OCD tech enthusiast.

All things I have mention cannot be proven in a Double Blind Test and should be treated as opinions garnered from my flawed human sensory input.

Aug 3, 2020 at 11:36 AM Post #42,368 of 45,723
To clarify, I am not professionally associated to Sony in any way, shape or form. Just an OCD music listener, OCD fanboy and OCD tech enthusiast.

All things I have mention cannot be proven in a Double Blind Test and should be treated as opinions garnered from my flawed human sensory input.
Hey! Welcome to the tech and hardware club!! It gets worse from there :wink:

Aug 3, 2020 at 11:37 AM Post #42,369 of 45,723
the newer S-Master HX is a portable evolution of the older chip
BTW, do you happen to know as a clearly knowledgeable enthusiast :) when the S-Master HX was introduced?
I tried to look for a complete list of a Sony DAPs utilizing this chip but failed.
It's a bit of off-topic but would be nice to know for sure which ones have S-Master HX onboard. :)

Aug 3, 2020 at 11:45 AM Post #42,370 of 45,723
I like the nonchalant rhetoric. I will try out the firmware you updated in two days. Work has been busy the last couple of days. (Amen to that)

You haven't tried the 1a/1z+ fw yet 😱😳😱🙀

We should call you Mr.Walkman Ears now on haha😉🙃🙂

Aug 3, 2020 at 11:57 AM Post #42,373 of 45,723
Just bought this. Comes with a Kimber Kable and the warranty expires in December. My 1A and 1Z will be rocking these cans. What a neat Sony collection :)
51DD18F1-7BD3-49F1-94EA-496A10C937BE.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back