SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 27, 2020 at 12:29 AM Post #41,836 of 45,723
I have tried what he mentioned, restore to stock and redo the whole process but still the same issue

Which region your 1a was on originally?

The Cerberus tuning doesn't contain any European variant tuning code, so people with European variants of the player should just stop trying, it will never work unless the tuning is modified.

Any tuning creator should know that, and they shouldn't need an EU model in order to test anything.

Jul 27, 2020 at 12:30 AM Post #41,837 of 45,723
You can use the usb that came with your walkman and when connected with the other dac via usb... You just need to enable the usd bac option on your walkman and it will receive the signal and play the music using the sony dac and amp....
I think he wants to play the files stored on his WM1A /Z through an external amp/dac. I am not sure so I can't answer this - does it require that special Sony USB cable?

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2020 at 12:43 AM Post #41,838 of 45,723
EU model is always a different animal. TBH there’s nothing much I can do here, but guys with issues may follow our fella advice:

I have a universal model (Romi) and a Japanese model (MS proto). Both work just fine. Cerberus+ can be directly installed. I beta test it then Whitigir published. But unfortunately neither of us have a EU model to test
it could be compatible if you help us modify that SW file

Jul 27, 2020 at 12:47 AM Post #41,839 of 45,723
never seen the built in keyboard!

Been there since day one. It’s how you name playlists. You must not have ever made a playlist?

Jul 27, 2020 at 12:59 AM Post #41,840 of 45,723
Moon Audio is borderline extortion

so just we are clear...is this a rename of Mr. Walkman's firmware updates from the other day (1A/1Z switcher and 1A/1Z+), or is this another download? Because with all the changes coming so fast its becoming confusing as hell, no offense. I already have the switcher and the plus versions, so is there more firmware I must download?

The changes are due to improvements being made and more options offered. Your perfectly fine to simply use the first firmware you started with. The only confusing thing is being curious if you have missed out on new inventions. There has been many new editions and I suspect they will continue. That’s progress and it’s a wonderful thing. It’s simply more choices and more options. The direct contrast would be a player that came out in 2016, which people have forgotten about and thus offers nothing new. Here were are just super lucky to have stumbled upon Sony DAPs, and even more lucky for the modification efforts.

As far as my Moon Audio post; I didn’t realize it was a cable with IEMs included with the price. Retailers who make stuff found out it was more profitable to be retailers for other junk than just what they build, and people trust them due to their high profile. I would rather buy online from Moon Audio than “Mr Q’s House of Cards”. :)

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2020 at 1:03 AM Post #41,841 of 45,723
Moon Audio is borderline extortion

so just we are clear...is this a rename of Mr. Walkman's firmware updates from the other day (1A/1Z switcher and 1A/1Z+), or is this another download? Because with all the changes coming so fast its becoming confusing as hell, no offense. I already have the switcher and the plus versions, so is there more firmware I must download?

The changes are due to improvements being made and more options offered. Your perfectly fine to simply use the first firmware you started with. The only confusing thing is being curious if you have missed out on new inventions. There has been many new editions and I suspect they will continue. That’s progress and it’s a wonderful thing. It’s simply more choices and more options. The direct contrast would be a player that came out in 2016, which people have forgotten about and thus offers nothing new. Here were are just super lucky to have stumbled upon Sony DAPs, and even more lucky for there modification efforts.

He was talking about this:
I have integrated "Cerberus" toward @MrWalkman 1A/Z + Brilliantly made FirmWare. Just as Promised to people who have requested previously. It is named Cerberus + as the + is to honor @MrWalkman creation 1A/Z +

This is the combinations of Works from @Morgenstern09 @Morbideath , myself and thanks to @MrWalkman brilliant works. We have yet again to witness another level of performances improvements by firmware , We are Stronger Together !! Until Giant Sony request it down

After Beta testers, Cerberus is friendly and also showing improvements toward Stock and modified Hardware Walkman

Disclaimers: Your preferences may be different from Mine, and Cerberus, and therefore If it doesnt suite your taste, please consider reverting back to stock, or @MrWalkman , or any other so desired firmwares. Also, I no longer have Walkman to test ride this tuning with you. Beta Testers majorily "likes" it

You can Download this File here
Download this Model Switcher Here

Steps by Steps

1/ Download Model Switcher
2/ Run Windows Batch File
3/ Switch to DMP Z1 Model
4/ Restart Very Important
5/ Recommended but not Neccessary (Check your Model by using Model Switcher and make sure it is DMP Z1)
6/ Download Firmware
7/ Install

You may be prompted by AntiVirus and blah....blah....but you are all safe

Let's not confuse people any more :)

Jul 27, 2020 at 3:46 AM Post #41,843 of 45,723
I have a question for other users of the Sony NW-WM1A/1Z. I'm new to this site, so I apologize if I'm posting this in the wrong place.
Are there non/Sony dacs that will connect to the Walkman's usb port, and allow playback of music files residing in the Walkman, through the dac? I know that the Sony TA-ZH1ES can do this, but are there non-Sony dacs that can?
Yes you can. You need to get the Sony nwh10 cable and then you can use any external dac/amp. I’m using it with FiiO K5 Pro dac/amp

Jul 27, 2020 at 4:09 AM Post #41,844 of 45,723
He was talking about this:

Let's not confuse people any more :)
I agreed

Anyone who have tried installing and couldn’t get it recognized, try to do a reset all setting and see if it help ? May possibly have the play hours wiped clean as well ?

The Cerberus tuning doesn't contain any European variant tuning code, so people with European variants of the player should just stop trying, it will never work unless the tuning is modified.

Any tuning creator should know that, and they shouldn't need an EU model in order to test anything.

It does not contain any region code at all, and it was intentional. If region codes are included, sound performances would have been changed . If EU can’t have it to work out then my apologies. However, it seems random ATM that some of the same regions has it worked out and some doesn’t. It may be something else as Cerberus tuning has Zero region codes of any regions, period.
It would be nice to see if someone whoSe model is EU, also has not yet installed 1A/Z + modified firmware to directly try that Cerberus + and see if it install. I have got words that people need a Reset (if they have installed 1A/Z +). Just as @tieuly1 mentioned, his is probably not EU, but failed to install at first, and afterward got it done

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2020 at 5:09 AM Post #41,845 of 45,723
This just arrived.
5AE70172-7009-4A96-BB7C-08A0A70F46AE.jpeg

Jul 27, 2020 at 5:48 AM Post #41,848 of 45,723
The changes are due to improvements being made and more options offered. Your perfectly fine to simply use the first firmware you started with. The only confusing thing is being curious if you have missed out on new inventions. There has been many new editions and I suspect they will continue. That’s progress and it’s a wonderful thing. It’s simply more choices and more options. The direct contrast would be a player that came out in 2016, which people have forgotten about and thus offers nothing new. Here were are just super lucky to have stumbled upon Sony DAPs, and even more lucky for the modification efforts.

As far as my Moon Audio post; I didn’t realize it was a cable with IEMs included with the price. Retailers who make stuff found out it was more profitable to be retailers for other junk than just what they build, and people trust them due to their high profile. I would rather buy online from Moon Audio than “Mr Q’s House of Cards”. :)
No, actually you got me all wrong. Mr. Walkman responded to me earlier on this issue I had...and I responded back. I don't know if you saw that. I am in agreement with you.

My concern was that I couldn't keep track of the mods/firmware, so i wasn't sure if the firmware updates I got were all being changed to new names or not. When Cerebus got made, I thought it was a new 'catchall' name for the 1A/1Z and 1A/1Z + mods, so I was essentially trying to figure out what was what. I found out that it was actually a brand new tuning, in addition to the ones I just downloaded.

Im all down for tweaking and tuning. It was just that info was coming out so fast, I couldnt keep up with the changes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back