SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 1, 2020 at 12:57 PM Post #40,291 of 45,723
Thanks to @nanaholic for your help
In order to buy from mora you'll need
A vpn client such as Express vpn
Set your vpn to a japanese server (IP address)
An amazon japan account with a faked Japanese address.
A credit card to buy amazon gift card. for me only works with GIFT CARD BALANCE

That's all then when buying mora music use amazon pay with the gift card :wink:
Forgot to mention
You can disconnect the VPN , as.yoy don't need it anymore for downloading the files

Jul 1, 2020 at 2:08 PM Post #40,292 of 45,723
Thanks for the responses. I kin of suspected
1Z and 1A sound the same as digital transports to the TA.

Cheers.
Thanks for replying. I kind of suspected that. So the TA has its own signature sound. BTW I just want to see this community is the best! Have been following the thread for quite a while and have made the jump and got me a 1z this week! It’s a thing of great beauty, sounds glorious to my wooden ears and love the sound!

Jul 1, 2020 at 3:36 PM Post #40,294 of 45,723
Sounds like it all depends on what you can and can’t live with. My initial battle before getting the 1Z was can I give up streaming. But my problem with every portable source was battery life. Some days my sources wouldn’t even make it through the work day! And that absolutely drove me nuts. So I started dabbling in the realm of leaving streaming alone and purchasing my library piece by piece. Eventually, with the jump In sound quality, my streaming necessity kind of died but my hate for short battery life didn’t. So I just bit the bullet and went with the 1Z. @Vitaly2017 Helped me through the 1Z knowledge portion of it and he was right about everything he said. The sound sig is amazing, the battery life is awesome, and it’s honestly just reliable. Never crashes.... It exists to do one thing and one thing only.... produce high fidelity reproduction ... and it does that with ease.

There are people who prefer the sound of the N8 and it’s also a beauty. But what could you live with? The 9 hours vs 30 outweighed everything for me.

I've traveled to Asia numerous times and the long battery life has saved me so many times, I'm so glad it can last the entire 16-20hr flight and more. I have no need for streaming or apps, I have a pretty big library of 4000 songs or nearly 400gbs and if I need to steam anything, I'll use my LG V30+.. Battery life was the biggest determining factor, I like the UI as well so changing over to the 1Z will be nothing. The biggest con for me is the weight and color, but it'll be in my limited edition light blue Dignis case and the Z1R is flashy as hell already so people are going to notice anyways. I rules out the N8 due to its extremely warm sound sig, so it was LPGT vs 1Z.

I just bit the bullet and bought the 1Z, should be here in a week. LPGT was almost a winner but I believe the 1Z will pair better with the Z1R.

Jul 1, 2020 at 3:38 PM Post #40,295 of 45,723
To me the Sony Kimber was no upgrade sound wise from the stock cable and a downgrade comfort wise

I only have it since it was included in the sale. I haven't tried the stock cable yet, but the Kimber lable is very nicely made, just wish it had the memory ear hooks, takes me a few seconds to orient the iem and cable before inserting in my ear

Jul 2, 2020 at 3:27 AM Post #40,296 of 45,723
Meaning sound quality is the same if we put it through the TA but they sound different when used as standalone players?
It's Sony TA's DAC signature... whether the DAC is the same as 1A/1Z I do not know , but it's DAC/headphone amplifier

Jul 2, 2020 at 3:28 AM Post #40,297 of 45,723

Good, you got it finally

Jul 2, 2020 at 3:32 AM Post #40,298 of 45,723
It's Sony TA's DAC signature... whether the DAC is the same as 1A/1Z I do not know , but it's DAC/headphone amplifier
TA ZH1ES uses S-Master similar to Walkman, but with different implementations that enabled it to have stronger output and with active noises cancelations to negate the typical hissing away from S-Master

Jul 2, 2020 at 3:37 AM Post #40,299 of 45,723
TA ZH1ES uses S-Master similar to Walkman, but with different implementations that enabled it to have stronger output and with active noises cancelations to negate the typical hissing away from S-Master
Thanks for further clarification, waiting next Sony headphone amplifier with XLR balanced output as "Pre-Amp" to my integrated amplifier LOL.

Jul 2, 2020 at 6:01 AM Post #40,300 of 45,723
Thanks for the responses. I kin of suspected

Thanks for replying. I kind of suspected that. So the TA has its own signature sound. BTW I just want to see this community is the best! Have been following the thread for quite a while and have made the jump and got me a 1z this week! It’s a thing of great beauty, sounds glorious to my wooden ears and love the sound!

The TA and 1Z sound closer together, where the 1A is the odd one out of the group. With IEMs and the 1Z, there may be almost no reason to get a TA. Though the TA is so versatile as it could find other uses? A preamp, a home theater headphone amp. But the TA with firmware 1.03 is really a definite example of the Sony sound, of course maybe needed for full-size like the MDR-Z1R, MDR-Z7 and MDR-Z72? Cheers!

Most though could ride off with the 1Z and IEMs....off into the sunset, never to be heard of again. :)

Jul 2, 2020 at 6:39 AM Post #40,301 of 45,723
This just turned up. Pretty pleased for €150.

F4BF7EB3-D878-441E-8AAE-BFCB755525F7.jpeg
DF8480A2-7380-4F7E-B964-732667BA1ECF.jpeg
548102D8-CEF1-4DB8-8465-A4A1C2543DE4.jpeg
3894E9B5-6B46-4207-957C-0FC008C00EE8.jpeg

Jul 2, 2020 at 7:22 AM Post #40,302 of 45,723

My way of buying from Mora.
Download Mora APK install to your android phone.
Setup Rakuten pay account.
Buy using Mora App on your phone, pay by Rakuten Pay.
But recently Mora don't allow my foreign VISA card in Rakuten pay but using foreign JCB card works.

You can download the music using Handphone or using Mora App installed for PC.

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2020 at 8:02 AM Post #40,303 of 45,723
Jul 2, 2020 at 9:28 AM Post #40,304 of 45,723
The TA and 1Z sound closer together, where the 1A is the odd one out of the group. With IEMs and the 1Z, there may be almost no reason to get a TA. Though the TA is so versatile as it could find other uses? A preamp, a home theater headphone amp. But the TA with firmware 1.03 is really a definite example of the Sony sound, of course maybe needed for full-size like the MDR-Z1R, MDR-Z7 and MDR-Z72? Cheers!

Most though could ride off with the 1Z and IEMs....off into the sunset, never to be heard of again. :)

Thanks. Sounds like I can save some money in not purchasing the TA, although looks a fantastic piece of kit.

Jul 2, 2020 at 9:41 AM Post #40,305 of 45,723
Thanks. Sounds like I can save some money in not purchasing the TA, although looks a fantastic piece of kit.

While many do use the 1Z for full-size headphones, I’m under the impression that the TA can offer more with them. Then there is the DSD upsampling which the TA does and the 1Z does not. Still the differences are so very small with IEMs. IMO

If your going to watch movies, it’s maybe better to go Bluetooth with the 1Z. The 1Z/DAC mode has a noticeable lag with lip-sync in movie dialogue, which the TA does not.

But as far as a piece of equipment the TA is amazing. Stuff like simply the RCA inputs are absolutely gorgeous. The look, operation and feel are great. It’s super heavy too due to the encasement. It’s one of the nicest amps I’ve ever purchased?

324AED6F-0596-462A-80C8-33D1953043FB.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back