SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 8, 2019 at 12:00 PM Post #27,106 of 45,723
here in europe , they never adjust price to currency. i think sony is bringing the price down here. something is coming.

If that is the case, you should make sure the reseller is an authorized Sony dealer for valid warranty. In the US, the prices only vary with "grey market" sellers who sell international versions in the US. You see this on Amazon when the item says "International Model" or "Japan Model". Sony will not give warranty on grey market items. Here is an example:

https://www.amazon.com/NW-WM1Z-Prem...5090&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=sony+nw-wm1z&psc=1

An authorized US model still goes for $3200:

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_158NW...ium-Walkman.html?search=sony_nw-wm1z&skipvs=T

Feb 8, 2019 at 2:57 PM Post #27,108 of 45,723
I wonder why there are not more Sony 1z and 1a owners with EAMT1's.
I owned them both, unfortunately not at the same time. Ultimately, though I loved the EAMT's, I ended up selling them because I couldn't quite get them to stay comfortably in my ears. But I'm still using the 1Z.

Feb 8, 2019 at 3:13 PM Post #27,109 of 45,723
Sitting here listening to my NW-WM1A, while dreaming of owning a NW-WM1Z...

Feb 8, 2019 at 3:19 PM Post #27,112 of 45,723
DMP-Z1 my friend :D, dream about that

I believe my wife would be dropping off my Family Jewels at the taxidermist if I dreamt about that. LOL

Feb 8, 2019 at 5:55 PM Post #27,113 of 45,723
I believe my wife would be dropping off my Family Jewels at the taxidermist if I dreamt about that. LOL
And a brand new coin purse for the lady!!

Feb 8, 2019 at 6:13 PM Post #27,114 of 45,723
eamt is not so difficult to drive basically ex1000 is just as demanding as eamt2c (I listen them on the same volume scale) the problem is price and patience in choosing tips they are very sensitive.
And quite weak marketing

Marketing will take a step up. EAMT2 is a great earphone. A large step away from all the standard balanced armature and dynamic designs around atm

Feb 8, 2019 at 8:14 PM Post #27,115 of 45,723
Can anyone comment on any SQ changes on the latest firmware for the WM1A? Is it still brightish sounding, or more neutral?

Feb 9, 2019 at 6:17 AM Post #27,118 of 45,723
Wooo, Amazon Us has Samsung EVO Select and EVo lines of 512GB-MicroSD now. Samsung is the best of speed, accuracy, and reliability. Coincidentally, it also is the one that has the best sound performances too! So I am excited.

Technically though, if you went through Samsung papers about their technology, they had done a lot of R&D into manufacturing these chips, and so they solved a lot of problems. Who is to say that our ears are foolish ? Cell-interferences is a thing, and so it causes long term instability and writing/reading errors on large capacity chips, which in turns slow down the speed.

So, even if you don’t have the equipments to hear the differences in sound performances now, you can simply look upon the reading/writing speed and longevity as one of the main factor :)

So, faster and last longer = sounding better and more convenient :wink:

Anyways, SAMSUNG is the best, and now is available through Prime! Woooo

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2019 at 12:36 PM Post #27,119 of 45,723
Wooo, Amazon Us has Samsung EVO Select and EVo lines of 512GB-MicroSD now. Samsung is the best of speed, accuracy, and reliability. Coincidentally, it also is the one that has the best sound performances too! So I am excited.

Technically though, if you went through Samsung papers about their technology, they had done a lot of R&D into manufacturing these chips, and so they solved a lot of problems. Who is to say that our ears are foolish ? Cell-interferences is a thing, and so it causes long term instability and writing/reading errors on large capacity chips, which in turns slow down the speed.

So, even if you don’t have the equipments to hear the differences in sound performances now, you can simply look upon the reading/writing speed and longevity as one of the main factor :)

So, faster and last longer = sounding better and more convenient :wink:

Anyways, SAMSUNG is the best, and now is available through Prime! Woooo

Just to clarify - this is only available through 3rd party sellers and not directly from Amazon so very likely international grey market versions. The one I purchased shows a part number for Australia. I have had stock alerts setup for US sellers and so far nothing. Functionally there is no difference with grey market, but I have no idea if Samsung US will give warranty service. Regardless the <$150 price makes warranty somewhat irrelevant. Another added benefit of grey market is no sales tax!

Feb 9, 2019 at 12:43 PM Post #27,120 of 45,723
Just to clarify - this is only available through 3rd party sellers and not directly from Amazon so very likely international grey market versions. The one I purchased shows a part number for Australia. I have had stock alerts setup for US sellers and so far nothing. Functionally there is no difference with grey market, but I have no idea if Samsung US will give warranty service. Regardless the <$150 price makes warranty somewhat irrelevant. Another added benefit of grey market is no sales tax!
No, I bought mine from Amazon as a seller, and yes...I got charged sale tax :frowning2:
FC5E83F3-524C-4610-B455-4EE3F0A38609.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back