SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 15, 2018 at 9:24 AM Post #19,846 of 45,723
IE800S is one of the least physically invasive highend IEMs I know. You might have luck with those. Soundstage from HD800/S is of course better, but the bass from IE800/S is much better I think.

I love 800s soundstage from 1Z, nothing is gonna take it away from me :p

I was able to squeeze out more bass-subbass and soundstage with the upgraded cables. I love fullsize headphones

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2018 at 10:39 AM Post #19,847 of 45,723
Oh wow! I just got a confirmation from Sony engineering team, sir Sato. Below is the quote

Hi, Thank you. We have also HD800S/HD660S and HD800/HD650/HD600 also. Our player was difficult to drive old type of HD series, but HD800S/660S is good combination with our WM1Z. Old type of Sennheiser headphones has bad sensibility of headphones driver with hi-impedance, but recent new model become good sensibility driver with more low-impedance. It's welcome for portable player.

I was curious as of why the 800S was being driven so beautifully and musically out of Wm1Z ! There is the answer :). Again, the Dx200+amp4 just can not do it :D. We will see if Amp4S and Dx200 is capable soon, but so far WM1Z is awesome with it

Now, there is new HD820 ! soon ! W000000!

Oh ghost! Now I am hyped up for the next Walkman anniversary ! Oh ghost.....*Hyper ventilating*....gotta control myself !
You are not the only one hyperventilating and drooling for the next generation walkman :D

Apr 15, 2018 at 10:45 PM Post #19,853 of 45,723
My cover art problem has been solved. It’s a convulsed process thT will be time consuming for the first major transfer of music but should be easier now that I know what’s happening.

I have to
1) use photoshop to save the jpg as baseline
2) then use MP3tag to add the cover art to the files.
3) Save and copy them back over.

I tried just doing the step 1 and then copying just the newly saved baseline jpg and that didn’t work. I tried using MP3tag to downlod cover art from discogs and that didn’t work. I guess the cover art from discogs is also progressive.

Like I said, for these first 100 or so albums, it’s time consuming but after this it should be easy.

Apr 16, 2018 at 4:11 AM Post #19,854 of 45,723
My cover art problem has been solved. It’s a convulsed process thT will be time consuming for the first major transfer of music but should be easier now that I know what’s happening.

I have to
1) use photoshop to save the jpg as baseline
2) then use MP3tag to add the cover art to the files.
3) Save and copy them back over.

I tried just doing the step 1 and then copying just the newly saved baseline jpg and that didn’t work. I tried using MP3tag to downlod cover art from discogs and that didn’t work. I guess the cover art from discogs is also progressive.

Like I said, for these first 100 or so albums, it’s time consuming but after this it should be easy.

I usually look for the cover art online, save in the destination folder, then open it with MS Paint then just press save. It'd automatically be converted to baseline. Then MP3tag.

Apr 16, 2018 at 7:22 AM Post #19,856 of 45,723
This works for me as well. MP3tag is a godsend for Windows...besides it's free.
It works on Mac too through Wine. If you’re on Mac, don’t fall for those ones that are OS X native. They are not the app. You’ve got to download it from the .de site and run it in wine. It’s easy as it’s packaged that way, it’s just butt ugly.

Apr 16, 2018 at 8:00 AM Post #19,857 of 45,723
The best free tag for the Mac is kid3, the best tag is Metadatics and worth the money.

Apr 16, 2018 at 9:33 AM Post #19,858 of 45,723
I usually look for the cover art online, save in the destination folder, then open it with MS Paint then just press save. It'd automatically be converted to baseline. Then MP3tag.
I didn't know this also did the trick, cool to know

Apr 16, 2018 at 9:35 AM Post #19,859 of 45,723
I always love mp3 tags. So easy, friendly, and u can custom whatever the heck you want, like putting a kinky picture of you and your partners as an album cover art!

Anyways, dont get that idea. It is just to say, mp3tag is the best program I ever used for tag and album art on different tracks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back