SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 26, 2017 at 10:46 AM Post #16,891 of 45,723
Hello, a question about album covers please! When I select Artist search or album search, some covers aren't showed instantly, some of them shows with a little lag of time. I have tried everything I have thinked, reducind the jpg resolution, the size of the embedded image, I have tried to chek if this happens only in the mcirosd card or not (it happens also in the internal memory). Anyone has a solution to this? Once you have entered in the artist search, if yo go out and enters again it doesn't happens but if, a few hourse later you enter again to artist or album search, again the covers aren't showed again instantly. Any suggerences?? I have tried even making flacs after writing on Media Go (it resizes to 600x600 or 720x720 by deffect and saves the jpg as "other" but nothing). Thank!
Is perfectly normal, my jpgs are at 600x600 to 900x900 and the lag is mostly gone with FW 2.0 but seems normal as it is buffering the list

Nov 26, 2017 at 10:49 AM Post #16,892 of 45,723
I'm also thinking about buying wm1a but I have two questions. 1. Where can I buy that fantastic dignis case? 2a at the moment in terms of a iem i have a sennheiser ie80. if I want to go balanced what are the iem that you guys recommend? I only usually listen to rock / pop / edm

Thanks
I think sennheiser I80 has a two-pin cable so you can look for one of these cables but terminated in 4.4mm

Nov 26, 2017 at 11:35 AM Post #16,893 of 45,723
Mine is, ems packages gets stuck in the post office for pickup and inspection. If its above 10k pesos (or $200 usd) the slap an additional fee on top of the 115 pesos (around 2 dollars and some cents) for going through their doors :3 my dhl, lbc stuff and fedex goes to my doorstep without a hitch, just sign, no fuss. But they are rather expensive. Sometimes it pays off for the lack of travel hassle.

Yes,
if I have to buy something expensive I definitely go with fedex first and then ups.
If I purchased something through Buyee I used EMS, usually I get the package in less than a week, I never had a problem, even bought a used WM1Z for slighty less than $2k and shipped with EMS, got the package and I never paid duties fees.

Other country has different policies and I cannot really say which carrier is best to use.

Nov 27, 2017 at 12:52 AM Post #16,895 of 45,723
So can the firmware be rolled back, and how does this pair with the CA Andromeda

I think at least a few of us active in this thread have the WM1A/Andro pairing; speaking for myself, I think it's exquisite with the Andro--absolutely no complaints. Official d/l page for 2.0 fw says once installed, you can't revert back to earlier versions, but I don't know if there is definitively no way of doing so.

Nov 27, 2017 at 1:06 AM Post #16,896 of 45,723
Just got my very special WM1A case! Dignis was very cooperative and helpful with my queries, and had it shipped promptly. Ordered last friday, and just recieved it today.

Irony here is that I've yet to get my WM1A, but it's coming once my dad comes back from japan :p
DSC_6731.JPG DSC_6728.JPG DSC_6729.JPG

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2017 at 2:16 AM Post #16,898 of 45,723
Just got my very special WM1A case! Dignis was very cooperative and helpful with my queries, and had it shipped promptly. Ordered last friday, and just recieved it today.

Irony here is that I've yet to get my WM1A, but it's coming once my dad comes back from japan :p
It be a greater surprise when he returns with a ZX300 instead, and says it's a newer version.:p

Nov 27, 2017 at 2:56 AM Post #16,899 of 45,723
So can the firmware be rolled back, and how does this pair with the CA Andromeda

I think at least a few of us active in this thread have the WM1A/Andro pairing; speaking for myself, I think it's exquisite with the Andro--absolutely no complaints. Official d/l page for 2.0 fw says once installed, you can't revert back to earlier versions, but I don't know if there is definitively no way of doing so.

No complaints either on the Andro/WM1A pairing, definitely a must a try combination.

Nov 27, 2017 at 8:49 AM Post #16,900 of 45,723
Yes, it's very easy to go between 1.2 and 2.0 firmware loads, connect 1Z/1A to your computer and run exe file. Just remember, when you roll back to 1.2, you will need to go to System Setting -> Device Setting -> Reset/Format -> Rebuild Database. That has to be done manually. When you upgrade to 2.0, Database Rebuild is done automatically.

Nov 27, 2017 at 10:07 AM Post #16,904 of 45,723
Are someone used SE output of 1A with 4 pin cable with mic? Did you notice some interference from the mic?
I/m forced to use the pathetic stock cable for ATH-CKR100 which have a mic and 4 pole TRRS connection because of it and as Sony SE has also TRRS for it's "balanced" I/m curious for other opinions.
Not impressed at all form AT for now. My JVC's 1100 ruins them totally.

Nov 27, 2017 at 10:41 AM Post #16,905 of 45,723
Are someone used SE output of 1A with 4 pin cable with mic? Did you notice some interference from the mic?
I/m forced to use the pathetic stock cable for ATH-CKR100 which have a mic and 4 pole TRRS connection because of it and as Sony SE has also TRRS for it's "balanced" I/m curious for other opinions.
Not impressed at all form AT for now. My JVC's 1100 ruins them totally.

If you look really hard you can find TRRS 3.5mm balanced cables (I know Onso makes some decently affordable ones), or just snip a 2.5mm balance cable you know that is good and reterminate with a 3.5mm TRRS plug yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back