SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 26, 2017 at 5:53 AM Post #16,876 of 45,723
Hello, a question about album covers please! When I select Artist search or album search, some covers aren't showed instantly, some of them shows with a little lag of time. I have tried everything I have thinked, reducind the jpg resolution, the size of the embedded image, I have tried to chek if this happens only in the mcirosd card or not (it happens also in the internal memory). Anyone has a solution to this? Once you have entered in the artist search, if yo go out and enters again it doesn't happens but if, a few hourse later you enter again to artist or album search, again the covers aren't showed again instantly. Any suggerences?? I have tried even making flacs after writing on Media Go (it resizes to 600x600 or 720x720 by deffect and saves the jpg as "other" but nothing). Thank!

It need a few seconds to load the data and display the cover art

Nov 26, 2017 at 6:28 AM Post #16,877 of 45,723
1.No. After version 2.0 - perfect.
2.Yes. Easy with Windows.
3.Yes
4.Yes. But if you want utilize 100% of it potential, be prepared to migrate to balanced connection.

Thank you very very much for the quick reply.

"Version 2.0" is a firmware number or device edition number?

I want to decide quickly this time and I might just go and purchase the machine right away, so if there's anything I need to be aware of such as an edition number, please tell me. Also is there any chronic fault or glitch that might be a dealbreaker that I should know of?

I used to own a Cowon X7 and I was content with it until it broke. I believe NW-WM1A is a much better sounding DAP, so I don't want to think too much about choices. Yet I still have a few brands in mind.

Astell & Kern 70 MK II is also within my price range and sold in my country. Do you think I should consider that also? Or any other DAP that you would recommend as a better buy? Ibasso DX200 perhaps (though I hear the software is terrible on that one, and that makes me turn away from considering it) ?

I'd really appreciate your help. Thanks in advance for the replies.

Nov 26, 2017 at 6:38 AM Post #16,878 of 45,723
Thank you very very much for the quick reply.

"Version 2.0" is a firmware number or device edition number?

I want to decide quickly this time and I might just go and purchase the machine right away, so if there's anything I need to be aware of such as an edition number, please tell me. Also is there any chronic fault or glitch that might be a dealbreaker that I should know of?

I used to own a Cowon X7 and I was content with it until it broke. I believe NW-WM1A is a much better sounding DAP, so I don't want to think too much about choices. Yet I still have a few brands in mind.

Astell & Kern 70 MK II is also within my price range and sold in my country. Do you think I should consider that also? Or any other DAP that you would recommend as a better buy? Ibasso DX200 perhaps (though I hear the software is terrible on that one, and that makes me turn away from considering it) ?

I'd really appreciate your help. Thanks in advance for the replies.

2.0 - meant firmware update. There is no other editions, except EU version with volume cap which can be uncapped easily (I did in some 10 minutes, unless I am computing idiot :) )
One thing I am missing - USB DAC function. A lot of people in this forum are hoping still for firmware upgrade for this function.
A&K I don't like in principle for their crazy pricing. I have no experience with Ibasso, but I had Fiio and throw it for software issues, which, I think, are common for most of China DAPs. Hope, it will change in the future. Tired to be free beta tester :) One exception - Aune M1S - if you are tight on budget - really nice sounding simple DAP for everyday use in tough conditions :)

Nov 26, 2017 at 6:53 AM Post #16,879 of 45,723
I'm also thinking about buying wm1a but I have two questions. 1. Where can I buy that fantastic dignis case? 2a at the moment in terms of a iem i have a sennheiser ie80. if I want to go balanced what are the iem that you guys recommend? I only usually listen to rock / pop / edm

Thanks

Nov 26, 2017 at 7:14 AM Post #16,880 of 45,723
I'm also thinking about buying wm1a but I have two questions. 1. Where can I buy that fantastic dignis case? 2a at the moment in terms of a iem i have a sennheiser ie80. if I want to go balanced what are the iem that you guys recommend? I only usually listen to rock / pop / edm

Thanks

Go to their official English website and they ship oversea

Maybe you can try this 4.4 cable if you want to keep using your IE80
http://www.e-earphone.jp/shopdetail/000000149261/ct2051/page1/recommend/

Nov 26, 2017 at 7:14 AM Post #16,881 of 45,723
for (1) you go here > http://dignisdesign.com/ Under Shop > DAP > [MIDAS] DIGNIS X SONY NW-WM1 LIMITED CASE
They currently have a new batch available. Usually it vanishes very fast.

Ofir

Thanks

Nov 26, 2017 at 7:20 AM Post #16,882 of 45,723
the first option is a non branded case, not benks, second option is a gamas glass protector.

That's just using a shipping agent, then why not use www.yoybuy.com and buy direct from www.taobao.cn China, it's cheaper. The case is only GBP 8 before additional charge.

I'll try this, thanks as I didn't know about this.

Based on the picture of mine already shipped and on the way, it is a Benks one also ordered 2 extra glass protector with it. I will try your suggestion next time, but if it through post office then it is a no no for me.

Usually if it's not dhl, lbc or similar courier service, it'll go through the post office from my experience.

Nov 26, 2017 at 8:44 AM Post #16,884 of 45,723
I'll try this, thanks as I didn't know about this.

Usually if it's not dhl, lbc or similar courier service, it'll go through the post office from my experience.
They have DHL, UPS, but it's expensive, but they do have the EMS which is probably the best option.

Nov 26, 2017 at 8:47 AM Post #16,885 of 45,723
Good morning all
How you doing?

Did someone had a change do compare Sony NW-WM1Z or 1A versus fiio x5 3rd or x7 2nd

Thanks

1A vs Fiio X5III. In short - sound-wise day and night. 1A more refined, fluid, expressive, natural, better and deeper soundstage, 3D imaging. Comparing balanced output, on which 1A shines the most.

Nov 26, 2017 at 9:19 AM Post #16,886 of 45,723
It need a few seconds to load the data and display the cover art
What a help!!

Any idea for this question:
Hello, a question about album covers please! When I select Artist search or album search, some covers aren't showed instantly, some of them shows with a little lag of time. I have tried everything I have thinked, reducind the jpg resolution, the size of the embedded image, I have tried to chek if this happens only in the mcirosd card or not (it happens also in the internal memory). Anyone has a solution to this? Once you have entered in the artist search, if yo go out and enters again it doesn't happens but if, a few hourse later you enter again to artist or album search, again the covers aren't showed again instantly. Any suggerences?? I have tried even making flacs after writing on Media Go (it resizes to 600x600 or 720x720 by deffect and saves the jpg as "other" but nothing). Thank!

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2017 at 9:27 AM Post #16,887 of 45,723
They have DHL, UPS, but it's expensive, but they do have the EMS which is probably the best option.

EMS is fast, but it still goes through our post office. It's ok most times, unless we get lucky and those #&&#₱@%&# bungle it up.

Nov 26, 2017 at 9:36 AM Post #16,888 of 45,723
EMS is fast, but it still goes through our post office. It's ok most times, unless we get lucky and those #&&#₱@%&# bungle it up.
Using EMS also allow you not to pay any due fees while using expedite carriers like UPS and Fedex you always get hit with the fees.
Nit sure about DHL, but I’ve never been impressed by their service.

Again, this is my personal experience buying stuff from Asia and shipping it to the US.

Nov 26, 2017 at 9:38 AM Post #16,889 of 45,723
Most of the times it's good, but just used EMS recently, and the package seems like if it wasn't there, and suddenly it showed up and back on track, @purk is still waiting, but at least it's still on track.

Nov 26, 2017 at 10:28 AM Post #16,890 of 45,723
Using EMS also allow you not to pay any due fees while using expedite carriers like UPS and Fedex you always get hit with the fees.
Nit sure about DHL, but I’ve never been impressed by their service.

Again, this is my personal experience buying stuff from Asia and shipping it to the US.

Mine is, ems packages gets stuck in the post office for pickup and inspection. If its above 10k pesos (or $200 usd) the slap an additional fee on top of the 115 pesos (around 2 dollars and some cents) for going through their doors :3 my dhl, lbc stuff and fedex goes to my doorstep without a hitch, just sign, no fuss. But they are rather expensive. Sometimes it pays off for the lack of travel hassle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back