SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 9, 2017 at 1:40 PM Post #14,296 of 45,723
Do you know where I can buy Furutech 4.4mm ? And those oyaide hybrid wires :D

The Jaben HK have the Furutech 4.4mm in stock, but I don't know if they ship order oversea
maybe you can send them an email
http://www.jaben.com.hk/?page_id=23

You mean the cable in orange color I'm using?
That's cable by AUG-line which made of Au+Ag
I asked the shop to order and braid for me
http://aug-line.com/

They have not released them yet. If you see Furutech they are counterfeit. I keep in weekly contact with Furutech about the release. They had hoped to have them out 2 months ago, then in Sept. then Oct and now are hoping to have them out very soon, before Oct. from what I gather.

No, they are released
Maybe not for the international market just yet.

e-earphone Japan have them in stock
https://twitter.com/eear_sinji/status/905713571866206208

Jaben HK also have them in stock
https://www.facebook.com/JabenHK/posts/1563743090312807

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2017 at 2:04 PM Post #14,297 of 45,723
They have not released them yet. If you see Furutech they are counterfeit. I keep in weekly contact with Furutech about the release. They had hoped to have them out 2 months ago, then in Sept. then Oct and now are hoping to have them out very soon, before Oct. from what I gather.

Music sanctuary sells them, I just got 2 last week.

Sep 9, 2017 at 2:34 PM Post #14,299 of 45,723
Me too and they are genuine Furutech
Strange. Just a couple of days ago Furutech emailed me that they weren't released yet. This is directly from Furutech and not someone that deals with them. I am looking forward to the plug as most everything I use is Furutech. I use their RCA's as well.

Do you have a link to their page for the 4.4 Furutech?

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2017 at 2:45 PM Post #14,300 of 45,723
Strange. Just a couple of days ago Furutech emailed me that they weren't released yet. This is directly from Furutech and not someone that deals with them. I am looking forward to the plug as most everything I use is Furutech. I use their RCA's as well.

Do you have a link to their page for the 4.4 Furutech?

Yeah, I love Furutech too :), though this time I am curious about their new 4.4mm and how it performs. I am more than satisfied with Pentaconn OFC ....expensive like hell. I opt for Furutech wherever possible though

Sep 9, 2017 at 2:52 PM Post #14,301 of 45,723
Yeah, I love Furutech too :), though this time I am curious about their new 4.4mm and how it performs. I am more than satisfied with Pentaconn OFC ....expensive like hell. I opt for Furutech wherever possible though
I emailed them again just little while ago. Are they released? Like mentioned above, about 2 days ago they said they weren't released yet.

I also asked them about OFC but they they are releasing them with the same material as the non OFC they have used in the past (they stated the material but I don't remember the exact term they use for the combination). The Pentaconn OFC is very expensive but I like the idea of using OFC in the plug. By using the connector Kobiconn connection system you only need one 4.4 for all your cable.

Sep 9, 2017 at 2:57 PM Post #14,302 of 45,723
I’ve never been impressed with this cable.
The mmcx connectors are really low quality. The cable itself has higher impedance than any other cable I had and sound wise I find it quite dull.

I would invest some money in a better cable, the PWaudio the flash is affordable but it’s a big step forward in the right direction.

Interesting. I would love to hear more about this. What equipment did you use to measure cable impedance? What was the pf/ft of all you tested?

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2017 at 3:05 PM Post #14,303 of 45,723
I emailed them again just little while ago. Are they released? Like mentioned above, about 2 days ago they said they weren't released yet.

I also asked them about OFC but they they are releasing them with the same material as the non OFC they have used in the past (they stated the material but I don't remember the exact term they use for the combination). The Pentaconn OFC is very expensive but I like the idea of using OFC in the plug. By using the connector Kobiconn connection system you only need one 4.4 for all your cable.

Good to know, it is not hard to counterfeit plugs, and even wires materials. Hence, I only Source my stuff from authorized and trusted dealers, folks. I agree that I love the OFC for base materials, and I think Furutech usually use Alpha Bronze or OCC copper. They could have developed newer copper :), but mostly they go by the name "Alpha", they don't want to be "Beta"...LOL

Sep 9, 2017 at 3:14 PM Post #14,304 of 45,723
Interesting. I would love to hear more about this. What equipment did you use to measure cable impedance? What was the pf/ft of all you tested?

I just tested the same iem ( Vega) and same dap with different cable and I found out that with the Sony I needed to increase the volumes to get the same volumes out of the earphone, I know it’s empirical, but the difference is there.

Sep 9, 2017 at 5:00 PM Post #14,306 of 45,723

I put some posts up here in this thread. I can’t stand using the HD800S in balanced. The 1Z isn’t powerful enough to drive these cans. You need an external amp connected, then it’s like OMG! If someone says they sound great without, they obviously have not heard them to their full extent.

I disagree. I also own Sennheiser HDVD800, Accuphase E600 with very good intergrated headphone amp, a tube amp and other external amps. There is no OMG difference.

I also own several inears. Vega, Andromeda, IE800, JH-13 to name the best of them. None of them tops HD800(S) directly out of WM-1Z balanced. Andromeda comes closest.

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2017 at 5:34 PM Post #14,307 of 45,723
I disagree. I also own Sennheiser HDVD800, Accuphase E600 with very good intergrated headphone amp, a tube amp and other external amps. There is no OMG difference.

I also own several inears. Vega, Andromeda, IE800, JH-13 to name the best of them. None of them tops HD800(S) directly out of WM-1Z balanced. Andromeda comes closest.
Those are not the best hp amp for HD800, never heard of the E600 except for insane pricetag, HDVD800 is mediocre and for the price there are better amp out there. I can't stand driving HD800 out of balance on 1A also, it's mediocre then I bought Cayin C5 for 60 buck and it blew the amp on 1A away. (The output for 1A and 1Z are nearly identical)
p/s: If you are interested in the amp for HD800 ,go get yourself some Liquid Crimson/Glass, DNA strat before judging on HD800
When I had QP1R, it was much better driving HD800 than 1A but I sacrificed selling it for the sake of ultimate portable use for iem

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2017 at 5:39 PM Post #14,308 of 45,723

That’s your opinion and I don’t know what you are listening to, because the HD800S plugged into the 1Z is a terrible experience. I even had people at the local audio shop listen with and without the amp and there’s a big difference. But apparently you hear magical things that myself and 5 others didn’t at the shop.

Sep 9, 2017 at 5:43 PM Post #14,309 of 45,723
Those are not the best hp amp for HD800, never heard of the E600 except for insane pricetag, HDVD800 is mediocre and for the price there are better amp out there. I can't stand driving HD800 out of balance on 1A also, it's mediocre then I bought Cayin C5 for 60 buck and it blew the amp on 1A away. (The output for 1A and 1Z are nearly identical)
p/s: If you are interested in the amp for HD800 ,go get yourself some Liquid Crimson/Glass, DNA strat before judging on HD800
When I had QP1R, it was much better driving HD800 than 1A but I sacrificed selling it for the sake of ultimate portable use for iem

I will also add in here, the Bryston is a beast and is a solid pair, along with RS-71b as well. I didn’t get the Sennheiser amp because like he mentioned above, I’ve heard bad things about that amp with the HD800S or 800

Sep 9, 2017 at 5:49 PM Post #14,310 of 45,723
I will also add in here, the Bryston is a beast and is a solid pair, along with RS-71b as well. I didn’t get the Sennheiser amp because like he mentioned above, I’ve heard bad things about that amp with the HD800S or 800
HDVA600 is an updated version of that amp but it's still not performing well compared to other amps and the dac inside HDVD800 is only worth $200, a mediocre dac to begin with which shouldn't be the ideal one for HD800. The hp needs an equallly delicate dac and amp for it. When I switched from Gumby to R2R, the Hp could detect a significant amount of change even using the same amp.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

• OG10
Back