SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 1, 2017 at 9:58 AM Post #13,996 of 45,723
To be honest, I dont pay attention, I just turn bluetooth on and then turn it on the player, if the connection works..great and I dont think much more into because no matter what I know what I am listening to via bluetooth sucks in comparison to totl headsets wired connection. So all these versions of streaming I really could care less.

Not exactly, Bluetooth when done right can fully carry CD-quality or lossless. It is just that the majority of Headphones and IEMS Bluetooth and their built in amplifications sucks.....see ? How hard for them to just get a good headphones produced and done right ? It could be thousands of dollars. Once you connect it with your new vehicles, they sound great

Sep 1, 2017 at 10:20 AM Post #13,998 of 45,723
Not exactly, Bluetooth when done right can fully carry CD-quality or lossless. It is just that the majority of Headphones and IEMS Bluetooth and their built in amplifications sucks.....see ? How hard for them to just get a good headphones produced and done right ? It could be thousands of dollars. Once you connect it with your new vehicles, they sound great

No yeah I know bluetooth can do losses etc its just I know theres no headphones worth a damn out there that are going to sound as good as wired using bluetooth regardless the audio format. Maybe one day but today is not that day.

Sep 1, 2017 at 10:45 AM Post #14,002 of 45,723
Of course, all features are welcome but there are some features like search function or bidirectional sync in playslist that are more necessaries.

Bi-directional sync is a lot harder than you think. The only reason iPods does it so easily is because its file system is locked down from being tempered with and iTunes jumbles the files on the device so even when users has access to them the frustration of decoding the jumbled files makes them give up. To do bi-directional sync you'll probably have to get rid of drag and drop, else every time you make some change by using drag and drop the device will have to do a full file scan to build the database to ensure it has the correct data to perform syncing with the host, nobody will want that sort of user experience.

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2017 at 10:51 AM Post #14,003 of 45,723
Bi-directional sync is a lot harder than you think. The only reason iPods does it so easily is because its file system is locked down from being tempered with and iTunes jumbles the files on the device so even when users has access to them the frustration of decoding the jumbled files makes them give up. To do bi-directional sync you'll probably have to get rid of drag and drop, else every time you make some change by using drag and drop the device will have to do a full file scan to build the database to ensure it has the correct data to perform syncing with the host, nobody will want that sort of user experience.

WRONG! I absolutely do want to have that user experience! Everyone should want to scream and throw things in frustration! :wink:

Sep 1, 2017 at 11:07 AM Post #14,005 of 45,723
I want USB DAC feature because I stream movies from Netflix and music from YouTube a lot :)

Woa, we are kicking up a notch with senses of humor

I'll take a search function first!

Sep 1, 2017 at 11:47 AM Post #14,007 of 45,723
I don't know how harder is to program this but I'm sure if Sony ways it's easy to do. It's not normal that you create a Playlist in the Wm1a and it doesn't appears in Media Go. It's not normal we can't star the songs and really use the dynamic Playlist. I don't want to hear a song, think it's a bad song, go to the computer and assign 1 star for example in the media go software to avoid copy it in the next sync. It will be harder but it's an OS half done, like I said in other post, simply copy itunes / iPhone.

Sep 1, 2017 at 11:50 AM Post #14,008 of 45,723
typing on that small screen will be a big pain in the back...
I'm not going to send an SMS or a mail, only type Old to search the artist Mike Oldfield like I do in the iPhone. In most of cases you only need 2 or 3 letters. It's an enough screen, you don't need a 5,5 inch screen for that.

Sep 1, 2017 at 12:02 PM Post #14,010 of 45,723
No, don't copy iTunes
Keep things simple, please

Last time my PC crashed and reinstalled windows. Than I plug in my iPhone and I CAN'T COPY ALL MY SONGS back to my PC.
That's a disaster
Maybe you did something wrong. Imhave never had any problem with itunes, music sync and iPhone. It simply works as I expect (with the SQ limitations of course).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back