SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 22, 2017 at 5:03 PM Post #9,678 of 45,723
Great update and yet another baffling Sony management flop, why when you have something good not share it even on your own relevant product web pages:dizzy_face:
I remember being surprised when zx1 came out that they are actually still coming up with good things.. But whoever is in charge there.. WAKE THE F:smiling_imp::smiling_imp:K UP

Feb 22, 2017 at 5:03 PM Post #9,679 of 45,723
  I've had my WM1A for about a month now (and am loving it).  I have a question that I haven' t seen addressed on this thread: is anyone charging theirs from a USB charger plugged into a wall outlet, i.e. the same way one would normally charge a cellphone?  I'm used to doing that with a FiiO DAP, and with a Kindle.  I've briefly tried the Sony twice this way and it doesn't seem to charge: the battery icon didn't do its charging thing, and after a few seconds I unplugged for fear I would do damage.  Charging without a laptop or PC would be a major convenience, especially while traveling.

My USB wall charger is a Powergen that puts out DC 5V, 2.4A.  If anyone is charging their WM1A or Z from a wall outlet, I'd love to hear how.

I use two different ones, a Hotoo 2.4Amp and an Aukey 3.0 amp. No issues here.

Feb 22, 2017 at 5:15 PM Post #9,680 of 45,723
I've had my WM1A for about a month now (and am loving it).  I have a question that I haven' t seen addressed on this thread: is anyone charging theirs from a USB charger plugged into a wall outlet, i.e. the same way one would normally charge a cellphone?  I'm used to doing that with a FiiO DAP, and with a Kindle.  I've briefly tried the Sony twice this way and it doesn't seem to charge: the battery icon didn't do its charging thing, and after a few seconds I unplugged for fear I would do damage.  Charging without a laptop or PC would be a major convenience, especially while traveling.

My USB wall charger is a Powergen that puts out DC 5V, 2.4A.  If anyone is charging their WM1A or Z from a wall outlet, I'd love to hear how.

I raised this question before and got it answered. I am using my smartphone charger to charge my 1A without any issue.

Feb 22, 2017 at 5:24 PM Post #9,683 of 45,723
I haven't compared head to head, my 1z and zx2. I'd have to go to best buy again to hear the zx2... But from memory, both are amazing, I think the zx2 has better bass, or more bass I should say. Other than that, I think I'd prefer the 1z.

Feb 22, 2017 at 6:11 PM Post #9,684 of 45,723
Contender? Thought the WM1Z was already crowned the champ. At least on this board.

Gold award at Japan's VGP 2017. For both WM1 within its price bracket.

For many years was dominated by AK players.

Feb 22, 2017 at 6:17 PM Post #9,685 of 45,723

I use this to charge WM1A and never had any problems.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00UV4HCL0/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Feb 22, 2017 at 7:13 PM Post #9,686 of 45,723
I use any charger i am able to grab. All works well.

Feb 22, 2017 at 8:12 PM Post #9,687 of 45,723

​Yes i do charge mine with my Xperia Wall charger or my Alpha 5000 Wall charger

Feb 22, 2017 at 10:00 PM Post #9,688 of 45,723
Out for my evening walk, went to convenience store. Put my 1z on the counter to get my money out, dude was asking about the brick. What is that? It's so big. I tell him it's high res, etc. Looks at my V20, and tells me, so is your phone lgv20, right? Lol. Yes. Then asked if my dap was old. Asked if it was a vape too. Lol... I didn't want to get into explaining it... But guess that's what the average person thinks. He probably would have had a heart attack if I told him the price.

Feb 22, 2017 at 10:17 PM Post #9,689 of 45,723
Just tell the person, its a gold brick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back