SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 28, 2017 at 4:58 PM Post #8,296 of 45,723
  Mine is a tourist model. . . nooooo. . . . . I am a tourist in the country I live. lol I don't care. It is covered and I am listening to it while others are waiting. :^) 

Nothing wrong with that. The tourist destination model has absolutely no restrictions and most importantly is available now to enjoy.

Jan 28, 2017 at 5:40 PM Post #8,298 of 45,723
I live in the US. If i buy 1A from a seller in korea, will i still have warranty for it ? Yesterday i asked the seller and he said a year warranty.

The warranty is only applied to that specific country where it comes from. If you want to have it repaired, you need to send it back there. Not sure about the law in Korea but in Japan, the law requires a japanese person with physical address for Sony to receive it from as you can't send the unit directly to them from US.

Jan 28, 2017 at 5:57 PM Post #8,299 of 45,723
With the tourist version, if you have it with the international warranty card, warranty is available in many countries including the US, no warranty is provided without this card, although some countries does not follow the rules and do provide service at good will. 

Jan 28, 2017 at 6:02 PM Post #8,300 of 45,723
I got mine from HongKong with AJ, if it goes kaputt, AJ will send it to sony forme, the only downside is> I must pay both ways shipping , so far no issues yet

Jan 28, 2017 at 6:44 PM Post #8,303 of 45,723
  With the tourist version, if you have it with the international warranty card, warranty is available in many countries including the US, no warranty is provided without this card, although some countries does not follow the rules and do provide service at good will. 

So you are basically saying if I get this version, I could register for warranty service with Sony US? Has anyone here tried so? Thanks

Jan 28, 2017 at 7:19 PM Post #8,307 of 45,723
I have IEMs with 3.5mm TRS plugs and some with 3.5mm TRRS.  Can an adapter be made to allow me to use these with the Sony 4.4mm TRRRS balanced output??  If so, where can I get them?  Thank you!

Jan 28, 2017 at 8:34 PM Post #8,310 of 45,723

So you are basically saying if I get this version, I could register for warranty service with Sony US? Has anyone here tried so? Thanks

http://www.sony.jp/products/overseas/contents/info.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back