SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 26, 2017 at 6:38 AM Post #8,222 of 45,723
Jan 26, 2017 at 7:08 AM Post #8,223 of 45,723
I've posted a few different 4.4mm plugs already back in Dec but recently I've purchased the Effect Audio version as it is (one of?) the shortest.

One of the concerns I have with the Pentaconn is that it's long and prone to mishaps which could damage the socket. In fact as I've mentioned before, I don't know why there aren't any DIY right angled 4.4mm plugs. It's obviously possible as Sony uses them.

I used a couple Pentaconn, and I can say that while it is true that it is long. The socket won't be damaged. It is locked in by a lock to the chassis, and then connected to the board by Kimber wires, there is no way to damage the socket by just the plug alone, unless you use Direct adapter to plug another plug on top of a direct adapter.

I like how large and big the Pentaconn is, it was so "awesome" that I could fit in 8 wires with each the size of 22AWG, and turned out 19AWG a polarity on my cables and that was just simply "Awesome"....even though it was strange placement of pin terminals from them. Not to mention cotton cores inside for that excellent flexibility :wink:. It is a whooping sizes for even desktop system.

Finally a cables that can do desktop system TA-ZH1ES justice, and then take on the go with WM1Z.

Jan 26, 2017 at 12:53 PM Post #8,224 of 45,723
They sound the same like all cables
biggrin.gif

LOL i bet you can hear a very small difference like i did with my sony upgrade cable

Jan 26, 2017 at 1:35 PM Post #8,225 of 45,723
With the offer today on the market, it is absolutely ridiculous to wait 3-4 months for a cable. Do you know how much time it takes to make a cable? Not that much time.

You can source cables that are at least as well made as Toxic or Whiplash (to say the least) from brands who take much less time to deliver like Plussound, Beataudio, Norne, etc. And they all have 4.4.

i assume that you mention companies which you personally experienced that they took 3-4 months to deliver , right ?

cause if not , it's almost unethical to suggest that they take that kind of time - i am mentioning this , because last month i got a 8-con twagv3 cable from whiplash and it only took 15 days to make

btw , i don't have any experience with Norne but i think they are on the 2-4 months timeline - at least this is the feeling i got by reading their thread (plus that they have amazing cables and trevor is a great guy)

so again , let's be precise with our accusations and not paint a black picture unless we are sure it is black 
wink.gif

cheers

Jan 26, 2017 at 4:27 PM Post #8,226 of 45,723
Sorry to be joining this discussion late, but I'm confused.  I just got my NW-WM1A.  I have some IEMs with 3.5mm TRS plugs and some with 3.5mm TRRS.  Can I get adapters to use these with the Sony 4.4mm TRRRS balanced output??  If so, where can I get them?

Thanks so much for your help!!!

Jan 26, 2017 at 5:08 PM Post #8,227 of 45,723
Hey guys, these are the new 4.4 jacks from Beat Audio (http://www.beataudiocables.com/). Think they look nice.

I just received my cable, the build quality is excellent, but I was a bit disappointed since I saw these 4.4mm jacks on their Facebook page and was expecting them to be used. Instead they used a generic housing. I really liked the look of these 4.4mm, one of the reasons why I chose beat audio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back