SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 26, 2016 at 5:47 PM Post #6,137 of 45,723

How does one update the firmware on a Mac? I'm hoping to get one of these soon and would like to do so to be up to date. Do you have any links that would direct me to it?

Sorry, not much in the way of the documentation to share... the firmware can be found here.

Dec 26, 2016 at 5:47 PM Post #6,138 of 45,723

How does one update the firmware on a Mac? I'm hoping to get one of these soon and would like to do so to be up to date. Do you have any links that would direct me to it?

Sorry, not much in the way of the documentation to share... the firmware can be found here.

Dec 26, 2016 at 5:56 PM Post #6,143 of 45,723
Mine hooks up fine, it is just that it fails to be detected during the firmware update... Have you tried updating yours?

Thanks for chiming in!

No, not yet. IIRC there was nothing important in the changelog, which is why I didn't try.

I'm on 10.12.1. But haven't tried the update yet.

But you guys are right, it says it's not compatible with OS 10.12

Dec 26, 2016 at 9:04 PM Post #6,145 of 45,723
No, not yet. IIRC there was nothing important in the changelog, which is why I didn't try.

I'm on 10.12.1. But haven't tried the update yet.

But you guys are right, it says it's not compatible with OS 10.12

I could have sworn someone said the .02 release was a bit faster, but to your point, I didn't see anything about that in the release notes...

Dec 26, 2016 at 9:28 PM Post #6,147 of 45,723
I don't find the minor lag to be bothersome at all, but if the new FW is faster, I won't complain.
smily_headphones1.gif

How much music do you have on yours? I'm at about 240gb / 450 lossless albums, and the lag is pretty noticeable, especially when switching from the track view back to list view.

I'm sure it will be addressed, so not too worried about it. I do like the stark simplicity of the UI. My only burning want is the ability to queue music (play now - i.e. add to top of queue), add to end of queue), and save that queue as a playlist. 

Dec 26, 2016 at 10:24 PM Post #6,148 of 45,723
I have approximately 150gb. I'm sure that's a factor. I took a video of the UI in action too, for those that are curious.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/01owx08f7dibit0/AAD_Nty6BrCNwCigdXNKlXqya?dl=0

I also want to add, there could be more speed with the hw buttons as well. It's not slow, but could be more responsive, especially at this price.

Dec 26, 2016 at 10:48 PM Post #6,149 of 45,723
Ah, gotcha... Hmm, maybe I will try to take a video of mine as well. It is definitely laggy in places.

I wonder how we can best get feedback to the OS team. Maybe start a feature request / enhancement thread?

Dec 26, 2016 at 11:00 PM Post #6,150 of 45,723
I have no idea, but that's a good place to start. I'd love to see a search function with a keyboard. Sometimes I want to hear a specific song and can't remember the exact title, especially of my edm.

I have another small complaint, has to do with the case. If I put my phone on top if the case, the stupid magnet closes my phone screen. I do it often when I'm outside walking, if I need to hold the phone with 2 hands. Driving me crazy. I really despise this case. Have a new one on order from Amazon.

Not getting that case, I never hit place order, now they are sold out. damn... Searching everywhere... No luck. So stupid I am!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back