SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 30, 2016 at 12:50 AM Post #5,133 of 45,723
  What does @nanaholic recommends me? install FW 1.01 then 1.02 or skip 1.01 and install FW1.02 directly

Obviously I did 1.01 > 1.02, though according to the support page 1.02 supports all versions so a direct install should be fine.

Nov 30, 2016 at 2:06 AM Post #5,135 of 45,723
Nov 30, 2016 at 8:05 AM Post #5,137 of 45,723
Nov 30, 2016 at 8:28 AM Post #5,139 of 45,723
And how to buy this one? http://wagnus.exblog.jp/24957519/ 4.4 mm 5 pole jack! About 20 dollars

Don't think you can buy it from them separately. If I understood correctly, it's an announcement about the 4.4mm jack they will be using in their cables (Wagnus is a cable manufacturer).

My Japanese isn't the best, someone like nanaholic would be able to confirm.

Nov 30, 2016 at 8:29 AM Post #5,140 of 45,723
And how to buy this one? http://wagnus.exblog.jp/24957519/ 4.4 mm 5 pole jack! About 20 dollars

They have a email, contact them.

Nov 30, 2016 at 8:31 AM Post #5,142 of 45,723
Give it some time, it's only been released, and many places are starting to have them, few more week, or a month, you will see them everywhere.

So that you know it, this is available in china now at USD 0.15USD each, may not be the best quality.

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.107.H947LH&id=540805652183&ns=1&abbucket=4#detail

I will be going to china next week, I can see what is available, if anyone is interested, do let me know, I will only go for some acceptable quality ones, probable cost a few dollar, not including shipping.

Nov 30, 2016 at 9:25 AM Post #5,143 of 45,723
Just use media go to install 1.02 should be fine.

Obviously I did 1.01 > 1.02, though according to the support page 1.02 supports all versions so a direct install should be fine.

Thank you guys, mine has arrived to the customs in mexico

Nov 30, 2016 at 9:45 AM Post #5,145 of 45,723
20 hours in, and I have to say that this is so damn good in the bass departments. On floor kick drums, these guys are in real life can deliver super deep bass slam and it decays. I literally meant it, this was one of the attribute from Z1R itself and combined with the WM1Z, this bass has a unique characteristic that I have not heard from anything else....not Zx2, not Oppo Ha-1, not Pha-3, not DP-X1...not Mojo...Not micro IdSD.......nothing that I have came across since this hobby began for me...different cables would introduce different colorations and such.....but the funny micro distortions remains. This deep bass distortion always ate a part of my heart, and I disliked it....in fact, I almost gave up and thought it was the track itself, or the recording.

Now, of course having the 3k DAP in my hand, I put it up to challenge.

This is a summed up about this bass unique attribute

" So Damn Deep bass, and So Damn Clean"!!!!!! No grains, no funny micro-distortions !!!

Vividly presenting, powerful, slamming down and fading out, rumbling and vibrating.....a total realistic slam on grand drums. The first time ever that I experiences this from portable and headphones. These super deep bass were never observed by me on large stereo systems. I only knew it presenting because I attended many live concert, and my relatives used to play instruments. I also love live performances in restaurants and places whenever I can. The only time I could experiences this "grand Slam" is from live concert with expensive ticket and being hosted in a stadium...in some cases, the loudness could blow me away, and or live instruments only.

Yes, this bass is unique, and realistic.

I observed this from both the modified SA5000 and Z1R in balanced connection.

The first time ever that I felt so satisfied following this Grandbass without grains, or distortions !

Love it!!

By the way, 20 hours of continuously playing music and is being charged and playing at the same time for over an hour now.....it is still Cool to the touch, not a "hint" of warmth or heat coming of the player. My apologize if someone was looking to warm their hand with the player during the winter ? Another unique thing about Walkman, and in this particular case, the WM1Z. My Esther M1-Pro here would be so warmed up after being charged for 20 minutes without playing anything at all....LOL! And many others

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back