SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 8, 2017 at 11:01 AM Post #10,066 of 45,723
Current Setup
biggrin.gif

How do you like the Leonidas? Is it bright?

Mar 8, 2017 at 11:13 AM Post #10,067 of 45,723
How do you like the Leonidas? Is it bright?

I need some time to run the cable before more comments.
The first time i put on was very bright, now better settled down a bit.

Mar 8, 2017 at 11:23 AM Post #10,068 of 45,723
I need some time to run the cable before more comments.
The first time i put on was very bright, now better settled down a bit.

Definitive upgrade from the Sony Kimber cable, at least initially?  I have the exact same setup (minus the Leo--have the kimber instead), but I'm not sure I'm really in love with the sound vs what I was hearing on SE.  I don't know whether to attribute this to the cable, that I only have ~100 hours on the balanced, or perhaps something else. 
confused.gif

Mar 8, 2017 at 11:53 AM Post #10,069 of 45,723
anybody here owning both WM1A and IDSD Micro Black Label ?

Mar 8, 2017 at 1:17 PM Post #10,070 of 45,723
Does anyone know if the RMT-NWS20 remote control can be paired with more than one player? I know the NW-WM1A/Z can be paired with more than one remote, but not sure about the other way around. If the remote can be paired with more than one player, what are the instructions? The user's guide for the remote contains no English language at all. Thanks.

Mar 8, 2017 at 1:38 PM Post #10,071 of 45,723
  Does anyone know if the RMT-NWS20 remote control can be paired with more than one player? I know the NW-WM1A/Z can be paired with more than one remote, but not sure about the other way around. If the remote can be paired with more than one player, what are the instructions? The user's guide for the remote contains no English language at all. Thanks.

you mean opérate two players at the same time with it? if that's the case i think is not posible but to pair it with other player maybe need only to store the control address on the corresponding player

Mar 8, 2017 at 1:42 PM Post #10,072 of 45,723
  you mean opérate two players at the same time with it? if that's the case i think is not posible but to pair it with other player maybe need only to store the control address on the corresponding player

No, not at the same time. I would just like to use one remote with whichever player I decide to use. Only one player would be turned on or in range at a time. Also, if it is not possible to pair the remote with more than one device, what is the procedure for un-pairing, so it can be paired with a different device? When the remote was brand new, it went into pairing mode as soon as I hit any button, so the users guide wasn't needed for that.

Mar 8, 2017 at 3:52 PM Post #10,075 of 45,723
  Is the firmware update improving speed scrolling and boot time?

Boot time still takes a while. Longer than I would have expected but nothing is perfect. Scrolling seems to be faster. 

Mar 8, 2017 at 3:54 PM Post #10,076 of 45,723
Everything over 30 sec is too long in our fast moving world where nobody has time to wait anymore :)

Mar 8, 2017 at 4:04 PM Post #10,077 of 45,723
  Everything over 30 sec is too long in our fast moving world where nobody has time to wait anymore :)

Right. I just do something while it is booting. Tiny lag, well go back to a portable CD player and find out what lag is all about. :^) Oh, and a stack if you want to use an external amp, and more if you use an external dac, which I used to do. 

Mar 8, 2017 at 6:09 PM Post #10,078 of 45,723
Definitive upgrade from the Sony Kimber cable, at least initially?  I have the exact same setup (minus the Leo--have the kimber instead), but I'm not sure I'm really in love with the sound vs what I was hearing on SE.  I don't know whether to attribute this to the cable, that I only have ~100 hours on the balanced, or perhaps something else. :confused:  

Both cable sounds different.
Kimber give you the room/hall feel and more relax.
Leonidas so far is more open venue with more energy.

Mar 8, 2017 at 7:13 PM Post #10,080 of 45,723
Right. I just do something while it is booting. Tiny lag, well go back to a portable CD player and find out what lag is all about. :^) Oh, and a stack if you want to use an external amp, and more if you use an external dac, which I used to do. 

Or just never turn it off, like many of us do. Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back