SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 2, 2020 at 5:39 AM Post #42,287 of 45,723
all I can say is that Sony engineering is the real stuff. The WM1A is priced ways too cheap for the build and performances quality. I have said this many times before. The 1Z May seem expensive, but it is also cheap for the price, especially that Copper and Goldplated chassis

How will Sony go about with the next future Walkmans ? I do not know. All I know is that Covid is wrecking HAVOC across the world, and many new products being released just can’t get enough sales or attentions, for example the Xperia MKii.

The only right move at this moment is to release Play Station 5 and new games, because people isolate in the house, they want to keep busy, and who doesn’t love video games lol!!!

Anyways, i think it is easy to guess what Sony May do for the next Walkman. Just look at SA Z1
Sony is one of those companies that doesnt really care about expenses. They are much more interested in inventing/innovating something (regardless if it will perform good/bad in the market).

Aug 2, 2020 at 5:44 AM Post #42,288 of 45,723
Quick question. Does the DSEE HX AI upscale music @ 32bit on both se and bal?

Aug 2, 2020 at 6:23 AM Post #42,289 of 45,723
BTW, who knows "the internals" of A/Z -
wondering where is the magical FPGA chip here on back or front? :) Just curious..
No markings! 👀 Alien technology probably.. 😜

scheme 1a.jpeg

Aug 2, 2020 at 7:46 AM Post #42,290 of 45,723
I am wondering now that I have my LPGT, which is very energetic, smooth, and neutral, would it be worth it to also acquire a WM1Z to have tonal differences to choose from? Sort of like that new A&K with the two DAC sound signatures in one. Or I could just hold off until there is a WM1Z successor. Don’t get me wrong, I love owning the LPGT, it’s a keeper. I was just thinking it would be cool to have different sound signatures.

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2020 at 8:29 AM Post #42,291 of 45,723
I am wondering now that I have my LPGT, which is very energetic, smooth, and neutral, would it be worth it to also acquire a WM1Z to have tonal differences to choose from? Sort of like that new A&K with the two DAC sound signatures in one. Or I could just hold off until there is a WM1Z successor. Don’t get me wrong, I love owning the LPGT, it’s a keeper. I was just thinking it would be cool to have different sound signatures.

As a general reply (for anyone in a similar situation), it would depend to some extent on what you are looking for and how open you were to modding the FW (or even hardware) of the WM1Z.
Even a stock WM1Z should have a rather different signature that could be worth using with different IEMs (synergy is an important factor).

Regarding the possibility of a WM1Z successor, of course we don't know when that might be, nor what form it might take.
As a cautionary note, you could say the ZX300 had a successor in the new ZX500, but for me, I was disinterested as soon as I heard it was Android-based and with a significant decrease in battery life.

Sometimes the grass isn't greener on the other side :)
Just my view of course; others may find the ZX500 to be exactly what they're looking for :)

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2020 at 9:43 AM Post #42,294 of 45,723
Should be walkmanOS as they have invested a lot into it. There should not be any reason to go with Android if it is a player that is dedicated to music only.
I am very convinced that it will be an Android system to enable high res streaming. I think, days for single WalkmanOS will be counted. Even I prefer this very intuitive and simple OS to Android.... But I don't expect a successor in 2020. Earliest in end 21 or even later... If the flag ship series will be continued at all....

Aug 2, 2020 at 10:01 AM Post #42,296 of 45,723
Question, has anybody successfully got their player out of a boot loop? Is my unit borked or is there a way out of this, and how?

Thank you
Ahh. @MrWalkman should be able to help you with that. He has had his fair share of that.

Aug 2, 2020 at 10:01 AM Post #42,297 of 45,723
Has anyone had a problem with iPhone pairing since a recent iOS update? I lost the bluetooth connection to my walkman and have tried repairing, forgetting the device, resetting network, etc. The walkman can no longer discover my iPhone, which was never a problem in the past.

Aug 2, 2020 at 10:05 AM Post #42,298 of 45,723
Give the E2 a try :D
I have been rocking E2 for very long time.
I find the sound most suited for my setup.
The energy, the very Live or Live Concert tonality, makes me want to dance.
If you enjoy bass, controlled drums, cymbals this is good.

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2020 at 10:08 AM Post #42,300 of 45,723
Has anyone had a problem with iPhone pairing since a recent iOS update? I lost the bluetooth connection to my walkman and have tried repairing, forgetting the device, resetting network, etc. The walkman can no longer discover my iPhone, which was never a problem in the past.
No issues for me. Bluetooth works rock solid with my iPhone 11 Pro Max. You’re referring to the Bluetooth receiver pairing right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back