SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 5, 2020 at 10:40 PM Post #40,486 of 45,723
Lmao too much for little return hahaha

I get crazy and hissing at my screen when I see no album arts. A big no no!
You’re being too uptight, Mr. Mighty TigerEars 😝

Jul 5, 2020 at 10:42 PM Post #40,487 of 45,723
Jul 5, 2020 at 10:43 PM Post #40,488 of 45,723
Jul 5, 2020 at 11:13 PM Post #40,489 of 45,723
I never tag any of my albums, too much work for too little return. Just make little sense, so I got a bunch of blank no pic screens. Doesn’t mean I’m a flaky guy 😂

I tag and pic all my files even since id3 tags began to support album art in iTunes and iPods. The Album Flow view in iTunes was beautiful - it's not as good as going through a physical collection of CDs/records, but it's pretty darn close.

Now they look beautiful when displayed in Roon. There's a certain satisfaction and emotional connection when looking at your collection like that. Plus musicians created the album art as part of the presentation, so I believe they wanted us to see the art as well.

Jul 5, 2020 at 11:34 PM Post #40,490 of 45,723
I tag and pic all my files even since id3 tags began to support album art in iTunes and iPods. The Album Flow view in iTunes was beautiful - it's not as good as going through a physical collection of CDs/records, but it's pretty darn close.

Now they look beautiful when displayed in Roon. There's a certain satisfaction and emotional connection when looking at your collection like that. Plus musicians created the album art as part of the presentation, so I believe they wanted us to see the art as well.
Who is Nana? Is that avatar also related to a music album?

Jul 6, 2020 at 12:41 AM Post #40,491 of 45,723

There used to be an impact and power of an image on an LP cover/sleeve as it was held and studied while listening to the music, that diminished as the format shrunk with cassettes and CDs and almost no longer exists.
Think of all those classic rock'n roll images that come from album covers.
There was an exhibition a few years ago called 'Who Shot Rock'n Roll' - I went when it came to my city and someone bought me the book, it was very interesting.

Jul 6, 2020 at 1:07 AM Post #40,492 of 45,723
Lmao too much for little return hahaha

I get crazy and hissing at my screen when I see no album arts. A big no no!

Problem solved...
600x600bb.jpg

Q-6

Jul 6, 2020 at 1:17 AM Post #40,493 of 45,723
There used to be an impact and power of an image on an LP cover/sleeve as it was held and studied while listening to the music, that diminished as the format shrunk with cassettes and CDs and almost no longer exists.
Think of all those classic rock'n roll images that come from album covers.
There was an exhibition a few years ago called 'Who Shot Rock'n Roll' - I went when it came to my city and someone bought me the book, it was very interesting.
Omg, you guys make me feel guilty, but its just so much work for so little return hahahaha

Jul 6, 2020 at 1:41 AM Post #40,494 of 45,723
Omg, you guys make me feel guilty, but its just so much work for so little return hahahaha
True, I have mine set to minimal screen time and brightness but I am so OCD about that album art.

Jul 6, 2020 at 1:58 AM Post #40,495 of 45,723
True, I have mine set to minimal screen time and brightness but I am so OCD about that album art.
Yeah can’t stand a blank image anywhere. And I also make sure I always save the correct version for the correct album issue.

Jul 6, 2020 at 2:36 AM Post #40,496 of 45,723
A small correction, PNG is also lossy buy it has an additional transparency layer, which jpg does not. TIFF files are the photo equivalent.of flac , RAW würde, dann equivqlenz von wavr

Jul 6, 2020 at 2:42 AM Post #40,497 of 45,723
What is the best way to set metadata and directory structure for multi CD albums for use with Sony Daps or any daps?

My way of directory structure will be iTunes/Music/Artist Name > Album Title Disc 1, Album Title Disc 2 , ... etc.

For Multi CD albums for the same artist, my way of directory structure will be
On the subject of tagging, due to compilation albums and other multiple artist scenarios I use folder view because everything is where it should be. Does anyone else use folder view or is artist view the norm?
For various artists in one album collection, my way of directory structure will be iTunes/Music/Various Artists > Album Title, metadata for Album Artist will be Various Artists, Artist will be individual song artist to be named separately.

With regards to album cover art, I have renamed the image file from cover.jpg or folder.jpg to the <album_name>.jpg in the album directory, but WM1A/1Z still unable to show album cover art. What's wrong? How to check the image file is baseline or progressive ? File property ? I have tried to use mp3tag with discogs to search album art, added, but it still does not show in WM1A/1Z.

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2020 at 3:23 AM Post #40,498 of 45,723
My way of directory structure will be iTunes/Music/Artist Name > Album Title Disc 1, Album Title Disc 2 , ... etc.

For Multi CD albums for the same artist, my way of directory structure will be

For various artists in one album collection, my way of directory structure will be iTunes/Music/Various Artists > Album Title, metadata for Album Artist will be Various Artists, Artist will be individual song artist to be named separately.

With regards to album cover art, I have renamed the image file from cover.jpg or folder.jpg to the <album_name>.jpg in the album directory, but WM1A/1Z still unable to show album cover art. What's wrong? How to check the image file is baseline or progressive ? File property ? I have tried to use mp3tag with discogs to search album art, added, but it still does not show in WM1A/1Z.
I use photoshopped save as...
It.is not.<album name>.jpg ot should be <folder name>.jpg instead

Jul 6, 2020 at 3:36 AM Post #40,499 of 45,723
Jul 6, 2020 at 4:23 AM Post #40,500 of 45,723
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back