SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 26, 2020 at 4:33 PM Post #32,581 of 45,723
Feb 26, 2020 at 4:34 PM Post #32,582 of 45,723
Maybe I spoke to fast but wm2z is better then club then i liked u1.01 then u 1.02 and club.

Wm2z sounds close to 3.02 and I find it quiet good. The u fw feels to much pushed....

I thought I love the club fw but wm2z is much better!
Club has a very different bass bounce and not enough treble crunchiness for me.
Wm2z has it all! And its deep!

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2020 at 5:33 PM Post #32,583 of 45,723
I've only owned my WM1A for a few weeks, straight into official 3.02 FW, and barely clocked 10 listening hours. I did change the region on my EU 1A to region E2 to uncap it almost right out of the box (capped one was a joke) and I've just flashed DMP 1.0.2 with no issues, hoping to listen a bit and try to report back (although describing sound is not my forte)

I'd really like to thank @Morbideath for sharing with us these amazing mods, it's a great way to "customize" our DAPs to our own preferences.

Feb 26, 2020 at 5:36 PM Post #32,584 of 45,723
I've only owned my WM1A for a few weeks, straight into official 3.02 FW, and barely clocked 10 listening hours. I did change the region on my EU 1A to region E2 to uncap it almost right out of the box (capped one was a joke) and I've just flashed DMP 1.0.2 with no issues, hoping to listen a bit and try to report back (although describing sound is not my forte)

I'd really like to thank @Morbideath for sharing with us these amazing mods, it's a great way to "customize" our DAPs to our own preferences.
Welcome to Head-Fi and sorry about your wallet :ksc75smile:

Feb 26, 2020 at 5:47 PM Post #32,585 of 45,723
Have anyone tried wm2z ?
Whats your feedback on it?

I enjoy it right now and find its the perfect 1z sound signature it demonstrates all the beautiful sides of 1z.
As it was its pure fw its so remarkably tuned just mindblowing.

I find wm2z fw the perfect 1z's caracter it demonstrates 1z in its most beautiful ideal tuning. Its 1z in its finest true nature
This is just bliss of perfection! Wow

Words that come to mind is
Enchanting, musical, friendly, harmonious! Warm natural peaceful

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2020 at 5:52 PM Post #32,586 of 45,723
Have anyone tried wm2z ?
Whats your feedback on it?

I enjoy it right now and find its the perfect 1z sound signature it demonstrates all the beautiful sides of 1z.
As it was its pure fw its so remarkably tuned just mindblowing.

I find wm2z fw the perfect 1z's caracter it demonstrates 1z in its most beautiful ideal tuning.
This is just bliss of perfection! Wow

Words that come to mind is
Enchanting, musical, friendly, harmonious! Warm natural peaceful

You have reached!!!
3AD1EE40-6F82-4652-89B3-51A5F5C9983B.jpeg

Feb 26, 2020 at 6:26 PM Post #32,587 of 45,723
Quick question there is a few fw in the drive link that looks like they are stock fw.
Am I right to think so ?
V1.01
V2.0
V3.01 and v3.02

Feb 26, 2020 at 6:54 PM Post #32,589 of 45,723
@siruspan @gazzington It's 8AM here after a not very long sleep. I see what the problems are, that's a rare case for EU 1A to be not identified by the firmware. I could fix the problem, but fixing it will unfortunately alter the sound of the mods a bit so I don't feel like doing so, not in a mass scale. I can give u guys a fixed version to flash in private message. Pls let me know if they work out on your side.
In China 99% ppl have 1A/1Z in region CN, so no problem with such identification at all. it has nothing to do with changing regions though.

Feb 26, 2020 at 7:05 PM Post #32,590 of 45,723
@siruspan @gazzington It's 8AM here after a not very long sleep. I see what the problems are, that's a rare case for EU 1A to be not identified by the firmware. I could fix the problem, but fixing it will unfortunately alter the sound of the mods a bit so I don't feel like doing so, not in a mass scale. I can give u guys a fixed version to flash in private message. Pls let me know if they work out on your side.
In China 99% ppl have 1A/1Z in region CN, so no problem with such identification at all. it has nothing to do with changing regions though.

Oh so you have access to tune those fw?

How did you come up with wm2z?
It so miraculous!

Would there be some fw available for zx-507?

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2020 at 7:10 PM Post #32,591 of 45,723
Oh so you have access to tune those fw?

How did you come up with wm2z?
It so miraculous!

As I stated in original post, the author was Deck24 in China. I merely port them here. But I learnt a lot from him and the discussion with other modders so also know how to modify the sound, to some extent.
WM2Z is almost the official stock 3.02 FW with some refinement taken from 1A and DMP. It's more close to the 1Z stock sound so maybe it's the sound you are after.
We don't have ZX so can't test on it. Though the basic structure should be the same.

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2020 at 7:12 PM Post #32,592 of 45,723
As I stated in original post, the author was Deck24 in China. I merely port them here. But I learnt a lot from him and the discussion with other modders so also know how to modify the sound, to some extent.
WM2Z is almost the official stock 3.02 FW with some refinement taken from 1A and DMP. It's more close to the 1Z stock sound so maybe it's the sound you are after.

Maan I love wm2z. When I heard it I was like wow wait. This is wm1z but aawww so perfectly tuned!

This is exactly how it should be!
Dont understand how sony missed it!

I dont know how to Express how melodious and musical this fw is!

Its like an infinite flow of perfect transitions and flows of music!

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2020 at 7:19 PM Post #32,594 of 45,723
I am done with fw updates from sony haha
Wm2z was my last update ever this is it!
My wm1z is at its purest best possible form!

Feb 26, 2020 at 7:49 PM Post #32,595 of 45,723
With these mods, it demonstrayed sony did a bad approach h to FW upgrades, same tuning for two different flavors, they should have had included a decision block to detect wm1a or 1z and apply the correct tuning.

And as for.my battery it us okay, it was matter of.let the device learn again what 100% is

:rolling_eyes: there’s always that 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back