SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 26, 2020 at 9:20 AM Post #32,461 of 45,723
why that was good? now its in japanese right? its sound better?
Hello, it is diferent, at least for me, it seems more 1.20 firmware analogue flavor but with more open sound, the sound is more thick and with headphones like the he400i has a bigger perception of power, I think I am not dreaming...
The language stay the same, English like it was before

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2020 at 9:40 AM Post #32,463 of 45,723
I see, that's worth a shot. Then an micro-A to micro-A cable would allow for a connection to the right hand side port.

Okay, perfect, I think I have a few options here :)

E4CC98E1-3628-41C1-8E81-6320032870B1.jpeg

It would be Micro to Micro on one of the Sony USB adapters. So it’s a regular USB to micro with the WMC-NWH10 like what you can see in the picture. Same cable someone would use to connect a cell-phone to a computer with.

So with this cable the USB port is regular with the WMC-NWH10.

But you’re right, the other Sony USB adapter uses a mini usb. So it looks like you would need two ended male mini usb? Though I’ve never used that other Sony adapter.

The thing is, I don’t think anyone has tried to hook a mini usb to the side of the TA, but it works, as the extra plug on the Sony cable is just for physical support.

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2020 at 10:37 AM Post #32,464 of 45,723
I have tried Ultimate, DMP-Z1 1.02, and Theatre on a WM1Z. Yes, a noticeable improvement. And it is very simple and quick to run the exec to do the change.

There is a good description of everything by @Morbideath's post, which is mentioned above. From the initial description, and from users trying them since they became available, you can try, in the order below.
From what people have experienced, item 1 and 2 are an improvement/progression. Item 3 and 4 push the limits of item 1 and 2. Try 1, and then 2, if for a more neutral/balanced sound.. Then try 3 and 4, which tries to combine aspects of DMP, WM1A, and WM1Z and see what you think.
1. DMP-Z1 1.02
2. Theatre

The 2 below push the limits
3. Ultimate
4. Ultimate 1.02

Witch one would have the best bass textures and control?
Deeeeep bass )

Feb 26, 2020 at 10:48 AM Post #32,466 of 45,723
Witch one would have the best bass textures and control?
Deeeeep bass )
Ultimate 1.0.2 is the best of everything in my opinion.

I have been rolling back and forth. The ultimate 1.0.2 has everything that combined from the upper mid airiness with a little more resolutions and traded off for some hot textures but still very controlled and smooth together with the dense, thick, authoriative bass and Deep bass with excellent rippling!!!!

This is what I was asking for in the previous posts !!! Exactly!!!!

Thank you @Morbideath so very much

The Theater actually did that again, veils up the lower trebles and upper mid by a little similar to DMP 1.0.1 , and some how cleaning up most of the sub bass ;(. Yes, it gives an illusion of a more grandeur soundstage, but this is not what I want. I want what Ultimate 1.0.2 give!!!! Best of them all

remember though, my opinions are based on my own devices and experiences. Each of these modified firmwares are better than Stock firmware

Feb 26, 2020 at 10:55 AM Post #32,467 of 45,723

I have been rolling back and forth. The ultimate 1.0.2 has everything that combined from the upper mid airiness with a little more resolutions and traded off for some hot textures but still very controlled and smooth together with the dense, thick, authoriative bass and Deep bass with excellent rippling!!!!

The Theater actually did that again, veils up the lower trebles and upper mid by a little similar to DMP 1.0.1 , and some how cleaning up most of the sub bass ;(. Yes, it gives an illusion of a more grandeur soundstage, but this is not what I want. I want what Ultimate 1.0.2 give!!!! Best of them all

remember though, my opinions are based on my own devices and experiences. Each of these modified firmwares are better than Stock firmware

Aa thats neet, so dmp ultimate 1.0.2 keeps 1z bass ability and brings it to a new level....
How is thickness and vocals?
Any vocals forwardness?

Yes u got 1a moded. I expect my stock 1z would be even more bassy than your 1a moded. So its like all you say + couple db )

I sometimes feel 1z stock 3.0.2 has digital bass response feels a little to software like un the decay. But to feel that u really need to concentrate to the highest possible and being distracted...

Feb 26, 2020 at 10:58 AM Post #32,468 of 45,723

Ultimate 102 has been my favorite for a long time. Later i found it a bit, just a bit more aggressive than D1.02 and 1.01 so i currently settled with the more laid back pure DMP FW. I feel it's smoother for the upper mids, which im very sensitive.

Feb 26, 2020 at 10:59 AM Post #32,470 of 45,723
all of them have good bass i recomend you go DMP 1.02 and check out latow paw and them theater and then club and then go wherever you whant old 3.00? DMP102 feels special and all the others too

The club intrigues my atrention right a way haha
Sounds like thats for the bass lovers

Feb 26, 2020 at 11:02 AM Post #32,473 of 45,723
Try it out friends, you can roll back to stock firmware totally 3.0.2

Walkman isn’t like AK where you can’t roll back.
I already tried them all 1.01 its very good... its awesome to have all kinds of FW!.. thanks to all! 1.01 certanly feels special on my 1A

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2020 at 11:12 AM Post #32,474 of 45,723
If you are bass lover, how are you missing out from IER-Z1R and MDR-Z1R ?

Trust me if u try tia trio you will understand!
Ier-z1r is not same with bass.
Trio is fast and visceral with combination of 1z its very good.

Z1r is more bigger bass and decay...

Feb 26, 2020 at 11:19 AM Post #32,475 of 45,723
Trust me if u try tia trio you will understand!
Ier-z1r is not same with bass.
Trio is fast and visceral with combination of 1z its very good.

Z1r is more bigger bass and decay...
Im not even satisfied with Z1R's decay… Legend X Se is my go to for bass decay.

I should have visited fewer live houses…

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back