SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 20, 2018 at 10:46 AM Post #24,917 of 45,723
and probably the one of the more underrated albums. having to follow Aja and all the other troubles with engineering screw ups, legal battles and drug addiction couldn't have helped things. I have a gaucho outtakes album and has a few tracks not released and an alternate version of "Third World Man" entitled "Were You Blind That Day". A definite gem (for those that enjoy the Dan) although it is not in the best resolution, nevertheless I am glad I have it in my collection

the triad scam-aja-gaucho is SD firing on all cylinders

they don't make bands/albums like that anymore

Oct 20, 2018 at 11:06 AM Post #24,918 of 45,723
1. Search bar
2. Read file meta in the background so I can browse in folder view immediately after inserting a new micro sd card. Similar to how AK does it.

Make it happen Sony

- reading one file albums and being able to decode it and play it track by track (also being able to skip any particular tracks); it would save us valuable time doing it manually and album by album;

- (maybe not useful to some of you): making a beep whenever it has finished playing the files in a specific folder; that way, you would know another album is going to start; it makes for a nice addition when you try discovering new albums and want to know when it ends.

Oct 20, 2018 at 11:24 AM Post #24,921 of 45,723
after spending time with my LPGD last night I awoke this morning craving some WM-1A goodness (with an assist from a set of HD800S).

Saturday morning fun fact: Keith Jarrett is the only person to gain writing credit on a Steely Dan album other than Fagen and Becker. This is the song he claims Steely Dan copied. Can you name the song KJ has credit on? Hint: you will find your answer "High in the Custerdome"
I have with Keith Jarrett and Michala petri, Bach the sonatas for flute (for recorder on the album) and Cembalo

Oct 20, 2018 at 2:01 PM Post #24,925 of 45,723
Hello i reverted the firmware to 1.2...conclusion, is awsome...i had the 1Z with the 1.2 in the past and when i bought it again i felt like the 2.0 had removed some of the magic that the 1Z had (in my opinion of course) the 3.0 i have mixed feelings, i thing is the mix of the1.2 and 2.0 , it is more organic than the 2.0 but not so much like the 1.2 but rewards you with space and air, both 2.0 and 3.0 are less thick and warm than the sp1000cu ,the sp1000 has a little more bass, with 1.2 the1Z is a bass master...wonderfull, the only thing that bothers me is a error warning saying to press 8 seconds blablabla every time i go to settings, i don't know how to make to that dissapear

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2018 at 2:14 PM Post #24,926 of 45,723
Hello i reverted the firmware to 1.2...conclusion, is awsome...i had the 1Z with the 1.2 in the past and when i bought it again i felt like the 2.0 had removed some of the magic that the 1Z had (in my opinion of course) the 3.0 i have mixed feelings, i thing is the mix of the1.2 and 2.0 , it is more organic than the 2.0 but not so much like the 1.2 but rewards you with space and air, both 2.0 and 3.0 are less thick and warm than the sp1000cu ,the sp1000 has a little more bass, with 1.2 the1Z is a bass master...wonderfull, the only thing that bothers me is a error warning saying to press 8 seconds blablabla every time i go to settings, i don't know how to make to that dissapear
and for this 1Z for me it is the most universal and close to perfection DAP
Everyone will find in it sound that he likes , changing the firmware and everyone will adjust the sound under each headphone and iem .I agree in 100% 3.0 = mix 1.2 + 2.0
1z + ex1000 with 3.0 is perfect

Oct 20, 2018 at 4:25 PM Post #24,927 of 45,723
thanks, I droped my zx100 once nothing bad happened to it i wonder if the oscilators and inside stuff is fragile...

Well, I dropped the 1A once and I can sadly report that the screen is way way too fragile. Luckily it was a very minor crack at the edge of the screen. BTW dropping the DAP is not the only way to experience this, my IEM once slipped from my hands just 10 cm above the dap and caused a 1 mm dent on the screen as well.

These things really need babysitting!

Oct 20, 2018 at 5:07 PM Post #24,928 of 45,723
ABout FW .1.2 it has a diferent layering an positioning of the sound elements voice is more aligned to head... center, trebble sounds splashy bass sounds good in amount best bass amount in all three versions, 2,0 sounds cleaner less congested voice is a little forward stage is a little bigger, less bass and a more analitical trebble also a little more harsh trebble, 3.0 sounds even cleaner but vocals lack the warm of the other two...and treblle is a notch up again..

That is very bad news. Seems Base is getting worse after every update.

Oct 20, 2018 at 6:27 PM Post #24,929 of 45,723
What's everyone's opinion a battery saver function? Do you think it really works?

Oct 20, 2018 at 7:14 PM Post #24,930 of 45,723
What's everyone's opinion a battery saver function? Do you think it really works?

more life between charges or more potential charging cycles? its a simple answer for me...

more potential charging cycles and only time will tell if it was the wisest choice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back