SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 18, 2018 at 3:00 PM Post #19,951 of 45,723
you have had in the past Zx100, you can tell how he plays NW-WM1A with headphones MDR-Z7?
well, i never heard the MDR-Z7 with ZX100, but i can tell you the Z7 sound damn good with the WM1A, pretty smooth and balanced, not too reference but nice musical sound without emphasis on bass or highs, amazing soundstage with a bit of holography into it

Apr 18, 2018 at 4:21 PM Post #19,953 of 45,723
A073EDD2-0977-4DDA-81FC-364A1E715ADB.jpeg
98724807-CC83-4CA5-8AB0-64273CC8197B.jpeg
Sony Flagship Tokyo

Apr 18, 2018 at 4:25 PM Post #19,954 of 45,723
Apr 18, 2018 at 4:26 PM Post #19,955 of 45,723
Very nice! You will be in for a big surprises. Because not many people experienced with how good the Walkman and the docking system can be as a digital USB transport, I have never mentioned about this now. But using the Walkman and the dock, you don’t lose out details like when you are using any other usb reclock-regen devices. I used IFi reclock-regen, and it loses out details in comparison to the Walkman+dock system.

Not sure how the dongles and the dock are helping the Walkman, but there are obvious improvements from the dongles and then further on docking system. Using Walkman with cheap TA-ZH1ES stock cables +IFi regen-reclock is a horrible idea that I conducted.

My best transport is a Walkman + dock cradle and a good usb Cables, that is it!

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2018 at 4:30 PM Post #19,956 of 45,723
Very nice! You will be in for a big surprises. Because not many people experienced with how good the Walkman and the docking system can be as a digital USB transport, I have never mentioned about this now. But using the Walkman and the dock, you don’t lose out details like when you are using any other usb reclock-regen devices. I used IFi reclock-regen, and it loses out details in comparison to the Walkman+dock system.

Not sure how the dongles and the dock are helping the Walkman, but there are obvious improvements from the dongles and then further on docking system. Using Walkman with cheap TA-ZH1ES stock cables +IFi regen-reclock is a horrible idea that I conducted.

Still need to find USB cable, what do you use?

Apr 18, 2018 at 4:32 PM Post #19,957 of 45,723

Second to that. I have been enjoying the doc a lot, especially with the Sony leather case. Not necessary to take out from the case to put it in the dock. Very nice!!!

Apr 18, 2018 at 4:32 PM Post #19,959 of 45,723
Apr 18, 2018 at 4:35 PM Post #19,960 of 45,723
:ksc75smile:
Listening on volume 1/120? I don't believe it. People don't have huge differences in how their hearing works, how would a person who can only stand volume 1 live in the real world. A car journey would be impossible for them due to road and engine noise measuring somewherr around the equivalent of 90 on the WM1A scale. This guy is either full of BS or has such severr hearing damage that he'd have to wear ear defenders 24/7. Sorry but this is total BS.

BTW I listen at around 80+ for most music with the Z1R.
I’m not BSING anyone, believe it or not is your business am not stopping you, it is what it is, like I said many times before I have normal hearing like everyone else, and i built airplane as my work so the environment is very loud, volume at 1 is what I listen at work, again if you don’t believe I don’t need to proof it to you, so let move on from this, but if anyone local stop by anytime :ksc75smile:

Apr 18, 2018 at 4:39 PM Post #19,961 of 45,723
Just tried listening at volume step 1 with andromeda. I can hear music clearly, but details are not there.

Yeah, i'm turning it back to around 30.

Apr 18, 2018 at 5:23 PM Post #19,962 of 45,723
AudioQuest Carbon with dock.

Apr 18, 2018 at 7:38 PM Post #19,963 of 45,723
What cable do you use?

I use DHC Symbiote SP V3 OCC Silver Type 4 Litz 8 braided, 2.5mm balanced.
Later broken then Moon Audio fixed for me with 4.4 mm Furutech.

Don't if I should go for Symbiote Elite 19 awg OCC Silver later but 2.5x the price and probably too heavy.

Too many options to buy but little money.
I still have to upgrade my 2 channel audio downstair also.

Apr 18, 2018 at 7:44 PM Post #19,964 of 45,723

How do you use that dock out to?
A DAC?
I bought the usb conversion the same time as 1Z. Still not open yet.
Use that for what?
May I ask?

Out to DAC like Yggdrasil or Holo Spring Level 3 Dac or similar?

Apr 18, 2018 at 7:48 PM Post #19,965 of 45,723
When you use either the WMC-NWH10 USB Conversion Cable or the dock the WM1A/Z is a transport for connection to a DAC. So you could use the Yggdrasil or Holo Spring Level 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back