SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 16, 2018 at 10:10 AM Post #19,066 of 45,723
ZX-300 uses the same OS. However there are a few minor differences in the UI and features. For example on the ZX-300 you cannot create a playlist on the player, only modify. So you need to create the playlist file on your computer, copy it to the ZX and then you can add songs to it. Also if you create a complete playlist on the computer the file paths are different between the 1A/Z and the ZX-300.

Mar 16, 2018 at 10:28 AM Post #19,068 of 45,723
You should wait for the new Paw Gold, bugge screen, 4.4mm balance connector.
It’s looking very interesting.
Wow... When is it going to be released? Thank you!!

Mar 16, 2018 at 10:50 AM Post #19,070 of 45,723
I personally prefer sony. The UI and battery life are stellar, chinese players often have pretty terrible UX & battery life

Mar 16, 2018 at 11:12 AM Post #19,071 of 45,723
I personally prefer sony. The UI and battery life are stellar, chinese players often have pretty terrible UX & battery life
I still have my DX200, and when left alone for 2-3 days, there won’t be any juice left to do anything. It is like constantly charging, hell even my phone will last longer without using and not charging

Hell, it sound good, different taste and sound signature. But after a while spending with it, I would say the 1Z is a long term winner. The organic and musical timbres signatures are easier to carry on than the more exciting but a bit more boring in comparison.

The majority of the many reasons that determine it is the battery longevity

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2018 at 11:32 AM Post #19,072 of 45,723
Nope, mine is same as yours, just that it's blue version instead of red.

My cable is from Effect Audio.

How's effect audio cable? i got mine from acoustune.. tried null audio and its not my thing..

Mar 16, 2018 at 12:02 PM Post #19,074 of 45,723
How's effect audio cable? i got mine from acoustune.. tried null audio and its not my thing..

I really like them, excellent quality, great customer service.
They usually ship their cable in less than a week (excluding the top off the line, for these it takes longer)
Regarding the sound I really like the Eros and the Ares, the Ares is definitely warm, while the eros has a better treble extension.
I tried at CanJam NYC the Janus (not for sale yet) and it's really impressive the lever of details and sound stage, if you have a chance you should try them

Mar 16, 2018 at 12:14 PM Post #19,075 of 45,723
They usually ship their cable in less than a week (excluding the top off the line, for these it takes longer)
Regarding the sound I really like the Eros and the Ares, the Ares is definitely warm, while the eros has a better treble extension.
I tried at CanJam NYC the Janus (not for sale yet) and it's really impressive the lever of details and sound stage, if you have a chance you should try them
Second to that. My vote also goes to Effect Audio. I have Eros II+ and Horus and now thinking about Janus.

Mar 16, 2018 at 12:30 PM Post #19,076 of 45,723
Which Janus do you prefer (Dynamic or Basso)? How does it compare with PWAudio 1960 2 wire? Thanks

Mar 16, 2018 at 12:33 PM Post #19,077 of 45,723
Second to that. My vote also goes to Effect Audio. I have Eros II+ and Horus and now thinking about Janus.

I consider myself to be a Cables fanatic as I absolutely adore, experienced, making different cables, and can tell the differences. But to go to the extends that you are doing is “admirable” by me and my point of view. You get a rep up from me, simply for that

Mar 16, 2018 at 12:41 PM Post #19,078 of 45,723
I think was the basso, but I have to ask Eric, just to be 100% sure, it was the warmer one.

it has been a while since I used the 1960, and never win the Encore, as far as I remember the 1960 is more neutral, with a nice extension to the treble, not as warm as any other copper cable, I mostly used it with the SE5U.
The janus is definitely warmer with much bigger/wider sound stage and has a great resolution.

Mar 16, 2018 at 1:37 PM Post #19,079 of 45,723
How well do the Sony MDR Z7's drive with the WM1A or Z in single and balanced and what volume number on each and opinions on the pairing in general, someone has asked me but that was many headphone bought and sold ago !
Yje y are driven well on both SE and Balance, but prefer balanced as the details retrieval and bass punch is better, i use volume 60-75/120 depending on recording on Low Gain, i can go lower in volumes 50-65/120 on High gain

For SE output, i don't remember very well as i don't use it anymore other than aux input for car, if i do remember the volume steps was on the likes of 75-90 on L-gain for SE

* take note that i am using the MDR-Z1R 4.4MM stock cable on my Z7s

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2018 at 2:03 PM Post #19,080 of 45,723
Yje y are driven well on both SE and Balance, but prefer balanced as the details retrieval and bass punch is better, i use volume 60-75/120 depending on recording on Low Gain, i can go lower in volumes 50-65/120 on High gain

For SE output, i don't remember very well as i don't use it anymore other than aux input for car, if i do remember the volume steps was on the likes of 75-90 on L-gain for SE

* take note that i am using the MDR-Z1R 4.4MM stock cable on my Z7s

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back